Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Woods, Cores, Choosing You Now

Go down

Woods, Cores, Choosing You Now

Post by Linette Puchard on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:50 pm

All this fluff was getting more and more annoying. Linette wanted an assignment with substance. What was she stuck with? Researching the wand choosing eleven year old witches and wizards. That's what. As if it'd never been done before. What she needed was a new angle but what could possibly be a new angle on centuries of wand making and selling? Nothing was the conclusion she came up with after spending two hours watching the parade of eleven year olds coming in holding wands, Linette ducking sparks and those same eleven year olds leaving the shop with a new wand in hand.

She shifted in her seat as she watched the next eleven year old come up to the counter. The seat was getting too hard and Linette stood to cast a cushioning charm on it before sitting again. She missed what she was sure excitement for the kid and mind-numbing boredom on her part as the child left with a box in hand.

Linette spotted a kid at the end of the line. Now what could she do with that? "Hey kid," she hissed, "how would you like your name to appear in the Wizarding World Weekly?"

Reporting for Wizarding World Weekly
Pureblood Bookworm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woods, Cores, Choosing You Now

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:23 pm

The wand was supposed to be the most fun part of shopping. But it wasn't very fun, stuck at the back of the line forever. She didn't have the patience for this, but unfortunately she had to get a wand. She wasn't used to waiting in lines. She didn't care that the wand chose her, she wasn't going to accept an ugly wand. Sophie had nothing to do but talk to the kids around her about the gossip they'd heard about Beauxbatons. Apparently, nothing worth her time. But then again, neither was waiting in the line. 

Sophie glanced at a reporter, inquiring about being in the newspaper. "Already done," she responded with a slight smirk, twirling her hair. As a chess prodigy, her name frequented wizard chess columns. But it wasn't all good, especially after her downfall in the last game. Maybe this would be a chance to restore her reputation. Besides, she had nothing better to do and was bored of the stupid kids. She wasn't going to hand off the opportunity to them. She plastered on a smile. "What do I have to do?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:15 pm

"You have?" Linette asked. The girl didn't look old enough to have had her name appear anywhere in the paper except the birth announcements. And that would have been so long ago she wouldn't remember. There could have been other reasons but Linette wasn't focused on any place it might have happened but the reason for the name appearing now. "Well I bet it hasn't happened because of a wand before," she quipped.

She held up her quill and her notepad. "Now for the important thing of what you've got to do. You're going to have me follow you through every step of buying your wand. It's that easy." And that boring and Linette was sure it'd been done before. Hopefully she could find a new angel. The wand maker using illegal cores? That wasn't going to come up with this method but this would give her time to come up with something good.

"So are you in? First step though is to give me your name, what type of wand you think will choose you, and why you think that'll end up being the best fit."

Pureblood Bookworm
amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 am

Sophie rolled her eyes. Her name really was only known in the wizard chess world, which she usually didn't mind because it was her favorite world. Other times it was annoying, but she was used to it. Whatever. "Sophie Owens," she told the reporter, watching her face for a signal of recognition. 

"Uh," she raised her eyebrow, "how should I know about wands?" She really had absolutely no clue and had to say something, and that remark happened to be the first thing that slipped. Whoops. All she knew was that wands were supposed to be matched to your personality. What even was her personality? 

She faintly remembered unicorn hair. "Unicorns are pretty," she blurted out. "I'd have something firm, but not completely inflexible. And also pretty. And colorful. And sparkly, if that's possible. Just like me." Sophie managed a grin at her answers. 

She eyed the reporter. "What about your wand?" she asked suddenly. She knew the whole "I ask the questions not you" thing, but she didn't really care. And now that the lady mentioned it, she was curious about wands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:34 am

"Sophie Owens," Linette repeated and wrote the name down with no clearer idea than before what this girl had her name in the Newspaper before than she did before. With the number of papers she'd read from front to back she could hardly remember every single name mentioned. Maybe she could ask one of the other reporters at work. A new angle or something if this girl turned out to be well known for something other than her birth.

Linette laughed. "Well I guess you didn't read as much as you could about them as I did before coming into this place at your age. That was so much fun and must have frustrated my father and dear old Patrice with my demands for more information." Linette nodded at the list of preferences for the wand. "Sparkly. Colourful. Unicorn Hair core," she mused and scribbled those down. "Silverlime is sparkly and for colourful there's Yellowwood or redwood. Maybe you'll get one of those," she suggested. "Maybe something slightly yielding. I'm pretty sure that'd be firm but not completely inflexible." All of this of course was insignificant in the larger picture of the wand choosing the witch but the whole point was to give the readers an idea of what one particular eleven year old thought they preferred and what they actually got.

"My wand?" she asked. "Oh I can't remember what I thought I'd get. Far too long ago. What I did get was a 13 and a 1/2 inch acacia wood wand with a dragon heartstring core." She held it up to show Sophie. "And fairly bendy. And this wand has never left my side since. So how do you feel about the method of choosing..." She ducked as the eleven year old at the counter managed to shoot at the wall behind her with the wand they held. "...your wand," she finished as she straightened again.

Pureblood Bookworm
amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content