Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Searching for the White Raven

Go down

Searching for the White Raven Empty Searching for the White Raven

Post by Lucie Banken Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:23 pm

White ravens were an oddity which Lucie didn't question.  She had never met one but since she had since learnt of the existence of many other oddities she decided the rumour she'd heard must be true. The fact that it, like most rumours, was possibly a little distorted didn't occur to her.  This white raven she'd heard of wasn't just a white raven it was also one who would assist you with her homework.

Thus here she was now stuck down the end of a corridor on a floor of the palace she'd never had cause to be on looking for a white bird which was normally black rather than the ghost of a professor whose name was Raven White.  Lucie kicked the wall in her frustration and turned around to slump on the floor.  Typical.  Even the last place in the palace left to search didn't produce the white raven.  She pulled her book bag onto her lap and pulled out the Ancient Runes homework she'd been putting off for days.  Maybe if she attempted it here the homework helper would turn up and give her some hint in how to tackle this difficult translation.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Searching for the White Raven Empty Re: Searching for the White Raven

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:26 pm

All Rhys had wanted was some tutoring, but alas for him, he could not find his Professor's office. He had spent so much time in mental preparation to get the nerves to ask his Professor for help and now that he finally had a scheduled office time for tutoring, he couldn't seem to find the office.

Did the corridors switch around on their own like a labyrinth? Rhys wondered as he found himself at the same dead end he had ended up in each time. This time, however, there was something different. A girl was slumped against one of the walls. The sight of her made Rhys stop in his tracks. She was no doubt an upperclassmen. He swallowed hard as he reminded himself of what his sister had told him. Most upperclassmen didn't mean him any harm. In fact, he should look to them for help.

Hesitantly, the ginger boy approached her and with eyes averted to the floor, Rhys spoke up. "Excuse...excuse me," He said, with a voice of a mouse. "I-I don't mean to bother you, but I am lost and I was wondering if you could help me," He asked, quietly and avoiding eye contact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Lucie wrinkled her nose. What did Eihwaz mean again? She wished that white raven would turn up and tell her or at least give her a hint. Ancient Runes had to be the worst choice she'd ever made for an elective. Why hadn't she gone for Muggle Studies, in which she would have been an expert, instead? Or Divination? She turned her mind from regret back to the word again and quickly scribbled down partnered.

Once she began she continued with a translation which wasn't making any sense. Something about a partner with a werewolf. It had to be wrong because who'd partner a werewolf in the first place? Lucie read back through the runes again trying to find out where she'd gone wrong. She was ready to give up and just hand in the story about a partnered werewolf.

Mired in her despair as she was she hadn't registered anyone else coming down the corridor until he spoke to her with a squeaky voice. Lucie gave a small yelp in surprise and looked up at the boy before scrambling to her feet. "Oh well what are you looking for?" she asked. "I know where we are but I could help you better if you knew where you wanted to go."
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:12 pm

"I'm looking for Professor Belyakov's office?" Rhys replied, his lack of confidence making it sound more like a question than a statement. The older girl looked busied with her own work and he felt like he was being annoying asking for directions. "I was supposed to go in for tutoring but as hard as I try to find it, I keep ending up here," Rhys explained. He didn't understand why any school would have a corridor that ended in nothing but a solid wall. Unless, of course, when the school was being built, it was intended to be extended at this point but something had occurred which ceased all further building. It was still all rather peculiar.

"I know it is not my place to ask, but why are you studying here of all places? It's not very well lit and there is a rather nice library where you could study instead," Rhys voiced. He understood the desire to be alone, but he found once his nose was in a book at the library, people tended not to bother him. He wondered what compelled her to go so far out of her way in order to sit on the cold floor and study.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:13 pm

"The potions professor?" Lucie asked. "He's two floors down. On the fifth floor." She nodded with understanding. "It can be a little hard to find your way around at first. I got lost a lot of times my first year here." She put it down to having too many floors in the one building. It was enough to make anyone confused.

She shrugged. "I was looking for something but didn't find it so I thought if I sat here it might turn up." Though so far there had been no raven in sight and Lucie began to wonder if maybe the entire story was completely made up. She scowled down at her poor translation and looked back up at the first year. Could she somehow get some assistance from him. How much use a first year was Lucie wasn't sure but they'd been here long enough to hear some of the things which went on in this place. "I know you're newer than me but have you ever heard of anyone talk of a white raven?"
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:57 am

No wonder Rhys was struggling finding Professor's Belyakov's office. He wasn't even on the correct floor! His face turned a bit red as the older girl informed him of his error. He must've appeared pretty dumb to her. However, her words stated the contrary. She was actually incredibly understanding about the situation. "Fifth floor?" He repeated and then nodded to himself, repeating the number over and over again in his head so he would not forget again. "Thank you!" He said, gratefully.

Her answer to his question had been vague, but Rhys understood the answer might be personal and he was overstepping boundaries by asking in the first place, so he was going to leave it at that. He was about to turn and head back to the stairwell in hopes of finally making his tutor appointment when suddenly the girl was asking him about a white raven.

Rhys thought it over a moment. He had heard many whisperings of secrets within the school but a raven that was white in color was not one of them. "I'm afraid not," he answered before mulling it over for another moment before it hit him. "Unless you mean Raven White?" He offered. "But she's a g-g-ghost," He trembled at the idea of encountering a ghost. The school was supposedly haunted by a number of specters and he counted himself lucky that he had yet to run into one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:46 pm

"Yes. The same floor as his classroom." The boy did know where that was didn't he? Potions was a required subject after all which meant he had to have been there before. "All the professors have their offices within their classrooms. That should help you find the office of any you need to see."

Lucie's eyes widened at the name. "Really? Oh. I must have misheard the rumour. I was overhearing a couple of seventh years talking about her and thought they were talking about a white raven." She shook her head at his fear quite conveniently forgetting how nervous she'd been back when she was his age at the idea of ghosts living or rather dwelling in this school. "The ghosts here aren't that bad. Not really. It's the poltergeist you've got to watch out for. She nicks your things and hides them in some closet down in the dungeons."
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down