Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Grounded

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grounded

Post by Guest on Wed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Flying was something that Persephone had yet to get used to. Being a half blood raised in a muggle world, the girl knew little about the art of flying and even less about the sport of quidditch. 'It is played on broomsticks' Persephone had gathered from peering through the products at the quidditch store in Ammethyst alley. Other than that, she was completely lost.

Persephone was grounded in the aspect that flying lessons had only taught her that she wasnt very good at flying. It was a cheerful thought to know that wizards had other methods of transportation than flying broomsticks, for if that were not true, Percy could count herself as doomed once she reached adulthood. However it didn't bother her too much. Whereas most kids her age were high in the air, tossing balls around, Persephone had a game of her own.

Unwrapping the parcel that contained her football she asked her papa to send to her, Percy grinned. Between her and her muggle friends, she was one of the best football players she knew and was anxious to show off to some magical folk. If only any were around. She punted the ball, bouncing it on her knees in a sort of juggle before kicking it between the poles that held the quidditch pitch goals high in the air and went to retrieve it. "Hmmmm, this is much better with friends."

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounded

Post by Linette Puchard on Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Linette had failed miserably in her attempt to outfly Benoit by summer. She had improved on her first year at Beauxbatons but her brother had also improved. Even to the point where he made it on the Quidditch team for his school house at Durmstrang. And didn't he just put on airs about that? It made Linette sick. There was only one thing for it and that was just to improve without making comparisons to her older brother. She may never be as good as him but Linette was not going to give up on being a decent flyer and maybe eventually a decent player.

That decision prompted the third year to bring her second hand broom down to the Quidditch pitch to practice. Maybe she could even find someone to throw around a quaffle with. The latter did make her that little bit nervous, especially after her dismal display of ability with her brother during the holidays. He wasn't backwards about pointing out all her faults in that direction either.

As she came down the quidditch pitch she stopped short at the sight before her. The younger girl she played an imaginative game with last year was there but not up in the air. Instead she was kicking a strange ball. Linette blinked but didn't hesitate in dropping her broom and racing up to the other girl. "What're you playing?" she asked. "Can I join in?" If it didn't require flying at the same time then it couldn't be as difficult as throwing a quaffle whilst up in the air could it?

Reporting for Wizarding World Weekly
Pureblood Bookworm

amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Persephone wasn't aware that she had an audience, but wasn't too surprised when someone else entered the Quidditch pitch. After all, the pitch was for everyone and surely many of the students who hoped to make the Quidditch team found themselves visiting the pitch at any chance they got. Also, the pitch was nice and open and perfect for kicking around a football.

What did surprise Persephone was the familiarity of the student who questioned her fun. Though there was an ample amount of people to meet at the school, Percy remembered this one quite well due to the experience they had last time they had met. Percy smiled a welcome towards the nice older student who played along with her imagination game. "It's good to see you again!" Persephone noted, before answering the girl's question.

"It's called 'football.' It's quite popular with muggle children," Persephone explained, in short. "I don't play professional or anything, but I know a thing or two about it. You sort of kick the ball around like this-" She demonstrated for the older student. "And you pass it around to your teammates and stuff and then score a goal, like this-!" She kicked the ball with a force between the poles of the goal. Her arms went up in the air as she cheered for herself. "Not too hard, right? The only thing you have to remember is you can not, under no circumstances, touch the ball. It's like the floor is lava, only 'cept with a football." After retrieving the ball again, she kicked it over towards the other girl. "Now you give it a try!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard on Wed May 29, 2013 2:28 am

"Football," she repeated. It was a strange term to her ears but it was clear to the Cersier why it was called football. A ball which was moved with the feet? Of course football would be the name for it. She watched the demonstration in silence and nodded. Though at that point Linette wasn't all that sure about it not being too hard. It looked very hard too her. Almost as hard as throwing a quaffle or hitting a bludger whilst flying.

Linette wasn't quite prepared for the ball coming toward her and bent down to pick it up. She quickly straightened as the rule about touching came to mind. "I didn't touch it," she quickly said as she placed her hands behind her back before attempting to kick the ball. Her foot did manage to connect with it but the ball didn't move very far. "I'll try that again." On her second attempt she did kick it further but she also managed to spin herself around. "Um how did I do that?"

Pureblood Bookworm

amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Persephone sent a playful glare at the girl when she had nearly picked up the ball with her hands, but refrained and apologized. "Good! I've got my eye on you!" Percy said, making a peace sign with her fingers and pointing from her pair of eyes to the girl and back. Of course it was only natural to want to pick up the football and of course even if the other girl had done so, she wouldn't have been mad at her. She just wanted a playmate, even if the playmate was still learning the ropes of the game.

"Hey! That was pretty good!" Percy cheered on, shading her eyes as she followed the ball as it flew into the distance. With a huge grin on her face, she turned to face her friend and give encouragement only to find, much to her surprise, that she was facing backwards.

Running over to her, she aided her in turning herself around. "You must be really talented to be pulling moves like that!" Persephone humored. "Don't worry about it! You can only get better, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 am

Linette laughed at the girl's warning.  "I'll keep that in mind," she called out.  It really was a challenge to remember that no hands were allowed.  Football means feet, was the ongoing chant in her head.  That would at least help her to remember not to touch with her hands.  At least it did mean she only had to worry about one thing.  Unlike Quidditch which required remembering to stay on your broom and hit, catch or block at the same time.

"I hope you're right," Linette replied.  "Turning around like this all the time could end in me becoming extremely dizzy.  Somehow I don't think that'll improve my kicking ability one little bit."  She turned herself back around and searched for the ball.  "Right.  This time I'm going to get it."  Linette looked at the goal posts and then down at the ball.  She lifted her foot moved it back and brought it forward.  "There.  That...how on earth did it manage to hit the post?"  She glanced at the ball in confusion as it rebounded and landed again at her feet.

Pureblood Bookworm

amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content