Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses

Go down

Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses Empty Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Melody had been pretty down ever since Daniel had just up and left. Their relationship had been great, but it bothered her that in the midst of it all, he didn't say goodbye. That was the part that hurt the most. He hadn't cared enough to tell her that he just didn't feel right in everything.

The young spent most of her winter holiday up in her room. It wasn't like her to do things like that, she was normally very outgoing and happy all of the time, but this mopey aura about her was settling over the smiling girl who would try to cheer everyone up, no matter the cause.

Twas in her room when she had decided that enough was enough. She was tired of feeling melancholy all the time, she  was determined to do something about it. The things that had made always found true with Melody, was that making others happy, made her happy. So she spoke to her parents about helping out at a local soup kitchen. The young couple nodded in approval and Melody became overjoyed with excitement.

Finally the day came and Melody made sure to dress appropriately in jeans and a long sleeved tee. She had throw her ginger hair up into a ponytail and had left for the kitchen. She had been there for about 15 minutes when she heard her name. She quickly turned and was surprised to see her younger brother standing there. "Hey, what's up?" She asked sweetly.

Last edited by Melody St. Holmes on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses Empty Re: Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Christmas was the time for giving, but even so, he was surprised when he heard Mel had left that morning to go help out at the soup kitchen. Of course their adoptive parents were all over the idea. They were all about changing the world and had only gushed over Melody for her decision. He knew she didn't do it for attention or to please their parents. Something was up, so he asked where the soup kitchen was and went down to talk to her.

It didn't take long to spot the lively ginger among the helpers and those in need. All the other volunteers were much older and less vivid. He was on his way over when the lady in charge passed him an apron and told him to pour some bowls of soup. Bo sighed and then obeyed. At least he'd be stationed next to Mel.

"Hey, Mel," He said as he positioned himself in front of the steaming pot of soup. "I just came to talk," Bo told her. She was smiling, which was something he hadn't seen much of since they returned home for Christmas break. "It's nice to see you smiling again." He didn't need to ask why she was so somber. It was all over the school how Daniel had transferred so suddenly and he knew what that meant for Melody. He knew how she must feel. He dipped the ladle into the stew and poured it into a bowl and handed it over with a very forced smile.

Back to top Go down

Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses Empty Re: Dresden, Germany: Love Is More Than Hugs And Kisses

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:25 am

Melody had been surprised when she turned to find her little brother standing there. Bo was kind, but he wasn't one to really volunteer for this type of thing. However, nontheless he was adorned in an apron and getting ready to pour a bowl of soup. She grinned at him and nodded when he said he wanted to talk. About what? She wasn't sure. "Okay, let's finish this round of people first." She said smiled handing an old lady a bowl of soup. "Have wonderful day." She encouraged.

Melody looked over at Bo when he commented about her smile being back. It was true. She had lost it for a while and just started to wear it genuinely again. She gave a smiled back and then turned her attention back to her work.

Ever since Mel had given him her watch with the lucky red band, the two had become closer. She was thankful for that. She handed out a couple more bowls of soup and chatted with each person. It wasn't that she was just being polite, she like to talk to them because it made their eyes light up and the conversations didn't have to be important, but it was just the fact of making them happy that made her feel good about it. She glanced over at Bo and gave a small smile. "What did you want to talk about?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:38 pm

For Melody, it only seemed too easy to strike up polite small talk with the people in need, but Bo struggled to manage to get words out. He was never good at talking to strangers, so work like this was way out of his comfort zone. As he failed to form sentences with his tongue, Bo decidedly sealed his lips and offered a rather forced looking smile instead. He'd leave the talking up to his sister.

After the last person passed through and received their soup, Melody wished them a good day and then turned to him asking what he wanted to talk about. Bo found himself yet again tongue tied as he tried to find the right words. "I just...look, I heard about Daniel and I know how much that has affected you and I just wanted you to know that I am here for you if you need to talk," Bo finally managed. Mel was always good with getting people to talk but he was horrid at it. He knew that was what was bothering her and given his recent rejection, he knew he would be able to offer sympathy. "Isn't that what siblings are for?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Melody brushed off her apron and looked over to her little brother. She was still a little confused as to why he he was here, but was happy that he was non-the-less. The girl smiled at her brother and listened as he finally spoke up. "Daniel...?" She questioned and a pained look feel over her face. She'd loved Daniel, not only as a boyfriend, but as a friend as well.

She was thankful that Bo was being such a sweetheart about it. She knew that he wasn't one to show that kind of affection to people often. "Yes..." She said softly. "Thank you, but I'll be okay." She explained and sighed a little bit. She didn't like to think of him now that he was gone. "I'm not mad, I just wished he would've said goodbye....y'know." She looked down and then back up and gave him a hug. "Thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Bo saw the shift in Mel's expression when the name passed his lips. He fretted she might cry, but fortunately the emotion passed and instead she looked more touched than anything else. Bo had been prepared for the worst when he mentioned the topic. He was expecting Mel to pour out her heart and have a good cry about it, to which he would listen politely to, offer a tissue or two and then afterwards offer to treat her for ice cream. However, his plans were not needed as she was instead acting pretty casual about it. It caught Bo off guard, especially when she hugged him in thanks for his consideration.

"It was rotten of him not to do so," He told her, patting her back gently. He wasn't sure what else to say. "Love sucks, doesn't it? It seems more like pain than anything else," Bo noted, as he pulled away. He didn't just mean in regards to his rejection from Riley. Although that hurt in a way which he had never felt before, his past with adoptions and boy's homes was a betrayal he could never forget. He was only recently slowly learning how to trust that his current family truly loved him and yet he still feared one day they'd decide he wasn't good enough and abandon him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:42 am

Melody pulled away from the hug a bit awkwardly and smiled at him. However, as he started to talk about love she became a little bit offended. Though she slightly understood why he didn't. Bo didn't seem like one to get that sort of thing for what it was. "Bo.." She said softly as he told her that 'Love' was just a pain. "Love isn't a pain." She said and shook her head. "Just because someone has a relationship doesn't mean that, that is love."

She spoke with a confidence that she didn't really know she had inside of her. Sure Melody was an outgoing girl, but that didn't mean she was confident. She looked at her brother and spoke. "Does you know why we help these people who are hungry?" She asked Bo and tried to bide him to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Bo exhaled long and calm. He should've known this was incite a lecture from his peace loving sister. He had enough of them from his complaints of no meat and knew way more about the cruelties of the meat packing industry than he cared to know. "Unless it's one-sided," Bo muttered in defense, but he was aware that once Mel was started, there was no stopping her.

He raised his boney shoulders and let them drop in a shrug. "Because it's the right thing to do?" He answered, disinterestedly. He didn't understand the point of this. What was wrong with him believing in only ever going to be hurt from loving point of view? It was true. He had years of experience with so called 'families' to back up his thesis and even if he remained with the St. Holmes until he reached adulthood and past, one day his adoptive parents would die and his heart would be broken yet again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Melody stopped for a moment and sighed. "One sided love is nice for a while, but then life just throws it back into your face." She said sadly and then looked down, remembering something. She took a breath and brushed her hands on her apron and say down on a nearby chair an looked up at her brother. "The reason I help people who are lost like this and have fallen on hard time, is because they've forgotten how to be happy." She explained.

"Making people happy is something that makes me happy, if sacrificing a small amount of my time is enough to change a persons life for the better and makes them happy, then I'll do it." She smiled slightly. "To me, that's love. You don't have to know a person well to love them, you just have to show them that you care and you want to make a difference in their life even when it costs you something, be it time, money, or even pain. You care enough to push that aside and be there for them." She said and then paused for a moment. "Do you understand what I mean?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Bo gave Mel a smug look that showed that his point was proven. However, once Mel's mind was set on something, there was no swaying it and right then she was bent on teaching him the true meaning of love or whatever it was that she wanted. He decided to just listen.

He nodded along, listening intently to what she said and once she was done, he took a moment before answering. "I'm not sure if I do understand. There are parts I do, but I'm not sure," He told her honestly. Most likely he needed time to think it over. "I applaud your efforts though. Love or not, you are one of the most selfless people I know."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:19 pm

Melody smiled at her brother for his honest response to her spiel. She was happy that he was at least trying to understand a little bit. She knew that Bo had a hard time accepting people's love. Or rather what she thought love was. He had hard time making friends with other people and she remembered when they hardly got along at all.

She smiled at her brother when he complimented her selflessness. "Thank you." She said softly. "I just really like to see others happy." She explained. "It just makes me happy." She said and grinned. Suddenly the question of happiness popped in her head. "What makes you happy, Bo?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Bo looked around the room. There were plenty of people there that looked like they were down on their luck, to say the least. Their hearts looking as tattered as the clothes they wore. However, their eyes still sparkled when they accepted the soup presented from his sister. He truly believed she helped them somewhat and gave people hope again. He wasn't like that though. He didn't radiate such positivity and when she questioned what it was that made him happy, Bo wasn't sure how to answer.

"I don't know. I always thought getting the things you need or want was what made someone happy," He answered. He had always wanted a family, but yet once adopted, he still took time adjusting rather than being grateful at first. "Now I'm not so sure." Not that he was about to give up all physical possessions and go on a soul searching journey anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 am

Melody listened to her brother intently. This question had daunted her for some time now. Bo wasn't one to show his emotions out in the open, but rather in the safety of him on home. She didn't want him to feel like he was alone, she didn't want him to feel abandoned. All of the St. Holmes kids had experienced that at least once in their lives, but Bo had definitely had his fair share.

"Well that's part of it, I suppose." She said softly and patted the seat next to her. "What is that you want or rather, wanted that you thought would make you happy?" She inquired. Bo was like a rubix cube. It took you forever to figure him out and just when you thought you were almost done, you would have to start all over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down