Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Don't Let Me Stand In Your Way

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't Let Me Stand In Your Way

Post by Isobel Green on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Isobel had apparently found Whisper Alley. It was a random dark spot up against the bright light of Amethyst Alley. There was no way in hell that she was going down there. Not only had Ryan forbade it, but walking into complete darkness didn't seem like a good idea.

She to a step down the entrance's path, only to find that the area wasn't really that dark after all. She could see, but just barely. She wasn't really interested, so she just stood in that spot.

She heard footsteps behind her and she instinctively took a step over so the person could pass. "Sorry. I didn't mean to block your path.," she said. "It looks pretty scary down there, don't you think?"
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't Let Me Stand In Your Way

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Rhys had found himself lost again for the second time that day. He had tried his best to stick with his sister, but the girl was so enthusiastic she ended up running ahead not knowing he wasn't following. He tried to keep up with her, but soon enough, he lost her again. This time though, he wasn't going to retreat back to the pub. He was going to try and finish his school supplies shopping even if he had to do it on his own.

It didn't take long for Rhys to realize he wasn't in the right place. Suddenly there were less people and the streets were darker and looked grimey. The place gave him the creeps so he turned around and decided to try to retrace his steps. He came to a narrow alley and paused as someone was standing in it. He wasn't going to ask them to move, so he instead took a few steps back. He jumped as they directly spoke to him. He was alarmed despite her being about his age.

"I-I-I-I-it's fine," He stuttered, taking a few more cautious steps back. He didn't mean to disturb her. In fact, he was planning on trying to go a different way in order to not interact with anyone on the creepy street. Rhys nodded as she commented the alley behind him looked scary. "Th-that's why I-I'm trying to get out of here," Rhys told her, desperately wishing Harry was with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Isobel was annoyed. Why would this boy be afraid of her? She had taken no more than three steps into Whisper Alley. What did he think she was, some sort of monster? "You don't have to be afraid of me," she said." I'm on my way out. I was just curious."

Isobel rolled her eyes, hoping that the boy didn't see her annoyance. It was bright enough behind her that, hopefully, not much of her face could be seen. She sighed. "Well, you're going the right way," she said, gesturing to the light. "Why were you down here if you were afraid of it?"
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Rhys sized up the girl. She couldn't have been too much older than him, but it was more or less the atmosphere that put fear into the boy's heart. "I-I'm not!" Rhys replied, not sounding too convincing. He half wanted to ask if he could come along with her out of the alleyway, just so he could be sure he would not get lost again, but he refrained from asking.

"Really? That's a relief!" He exclaimed, relieved to hear that at least he was heading in the right direction. She must've just entered the alley way then. This place didn't seem familiar to him but there must've been several entrances into Whisper Alley. "I didn't mean to come down this way," Rhys confessed, averting his chocolate eyes towards the ground. "I got lost, you see." He suspected she was another brave type like his sister who would've seen this incident as an opportunity for exploration. Rhys, on the other hand, was scared out of his trousers and wanted out as soon as possible. "The exit is right down this way?" He asked, to confirm as he slowly approached and passed by the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 pm

The boy declared that he was not afraid of her, and that was a relief. Isobel didn't want anyone so seemingly-timid to be frightened of her. She had a hard time acting like Ryan around people with personalities less bold than her own. Something inside her screamed "no!" when she tried to be like her brother around them. It was a dumb weakness, in her opinion. But it was one she had that wasn't hurting her.

He had gotten lost. That made sense. "Yes. Follow the direction of the light," she informed. She thought for just a moment. "I actually have to follow you out. I have no reason to be down here. My name is Isobel. Not such a scary name, right?" she joked, starting to walk toward the light as well. Hopefully the boy had a sense of humor. She'd be bored if he didn't.
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:28 am

Rhys nodded at the instructions to follow the light and then turned to leave. He didn't get too far before the girl called after him, causing him to fall to a stop. He smiled as she said she had to leave to and insinuated she would go with him. The more the merrier, especially in a place like this, it was good to know he was not alone.

"You sure you didn't want to take a longer look around?" Rhys teased. He wanted to get out of there as soon as he had gone in, but this girl had willingly gone in there in the first place. He wasn't going to call her a chicken or anything though, for he was obviously the chicken in the situation. "I've heard scarier," He replied with a nod. He didn't find her scary at all. Just alarming when he had first run into her. "My name is Rhys."

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Isobel caught up to him quickly.

"Oh, I am more than sure," she replied, laughing a little. "I don't think this place should be meant for people, but especially not kids like us. And not going down there myself means that I get to ask people what's down Whisper Alley. So, Rhys, what is in the mysterious Whisper Alley?"

Isobel really wanted to know. But she knew she'd get a mouthful if Ryan saw her down there. It was a bad mixture. The only way she'd know is by asking. Or by waiting six more school years until she was an adult and could go down there herself. And that was just too long.
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Rhys wasn't sure what sort of person would willing traverse Whisper Alley on a regular basis but it seemed to him to be the home grounds for most dark magic. The thought made a shiver go down his spine. Though him and Harry pretended to combat evil on a daily basis, actually facing the wicked was something Rhys rather not be a part of. He'd rather do his part to the world in a less risky way, even if it meant never getting recognition for his deeds.

He walked besides Isobel, happy for some company and wondering if she'd stay by him until he had found his way back to Harry. At first he crinkled his nose at her question. He was far too afraid while down there to notice any of the highlights of the alley. To him it seemed like all grime and misery, with hunched over old witches with patches of long white hair. Nothing exciting, but then again, he didn't see why he couldn't use his imagination to answer her.

"Ghouls, I'm pretty sure," He answered, offering a humorous smile. "Maybe the philosopher's stone." He shrugged. "I did go through it pretty quick, so who really knows what could be down there?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:31 pm

"I could see ghouls living nesting down there," she agreed, trying to continue.the joke "What about vampires? You think there could be some of those down there?"

She didn't know what the Philosopher's Stone was. Hopefully it was something personal rather than something that the whole wizarding world knew about. That was the problem with being a Muggle-born. Not knowing a damn thing. That, and the risk of ridicule if someone found out that the Greens had adopted a "mudblood". She shuddered thinking about it. But she needed to stop. She was walking with another person. She should at least try to be sociable. Especially since she had left several seconds of uncomfortable silence between them.

But just as soon as she felt she could say something, they were out in the sun. "Well, we're here. Don't get lost again, okay? And I'll see you at school. Err, you are going to Beauxbatons, right? I guess I didn't really ask you," she said, embarrassed that she was making an assumption about someone she didn't know. Isobel decided that he must have earned her respect. Why else would she be embarrassed?
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:41 pm

"Oh but of course! It would be the perfect hunting ground for anyone vampire!" Rhys followed on with the jokes. "People could disappear down this alleyway without a question asked," Rhys finished, though he was starting to get chills just from thinking about it. Ghouls and vampires were very real and with that thought, Rhys picked up his pace. The sooner they got out, the better.

Finally they got back towards where it was light and Rhys released a heavy sigh of relief. He was thankful to be out of that wretched place, but even out back on the main road, he could not seem to find his sister. He smiled sheepishly as Isobel told him not to get lost again. "I will try my best," He told her, less jokingly than the things he had said before. "I'm sure once I find my sister, I will not go astray again." He smiled as she mentioned Beauxbatons. "Of course! It would be nice if we had class together." He couldn't count on his sister's company all throughout school. No doubt his outgoing sister would make friends by the dozen so he'd have to find his own friends lest he be forgotten.

He smiled and waved as they parted ways, figuring Isobel had plans of her own and wanted to go about them without the burden of him following her around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top