Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Spilled Hot Chocolate

Go down

Spilled Hot Chocolate Empty Spilled Hot Chocolate

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:46 am

It was the young boy's second day of shopping and he urged his parents to go see France while he was doing his shopping. How many chances do you get to visit such a beautiful place? Bird would be coming here a whole lot because of his school and he didn't quite mind it either. He was enjoying himself and he felt like he belonged somewhere. Today it was less crowded than it had been the day before and he was incredibly grateful for that. He didn't want to bump into anyone or step on any feet like he had yesterday. He could actually enjoy sitting alone today. Not that he didn't enjoy the company of the girl he had met.

The eleven year old bit his bottom lip as he walked to an empty table and sat down. Yes! He had not spilt his drink and his hot chocolate was save from his clumsy ways. He took a seat and decided it was best to wait for his drink to cool down a bit before trying to drink it. He pulled out his list and began to go over it. He had got a lot of stuff the day before and he only had a handful of things left to get. Suddenly, someone bumped into his table a bit too hard which caused the boy's hot chocolate to knock over and onto his lap. He let out a small scream while jumping up and while jumping up, he hit himself pretty hard against the table. The cup also smashed to the ground.

He had been too busy freaking out to catch who had knocked into the table and now they were gone. Oh great, his shirt was now stained. He grabbed napkins and began to rub his shirt. But it was no use, his clothes were ruined and his skin hurt.

Back to top Go down

Spilled Hot Chocolate Empty Re: Spilled Hot Chocolate

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Rhys had lost sight of his twin sister, giving him one of the worst feelings in the world. He wasn't familiar with Amethyst alley and was not the type to wander into the unknown. At first he tried looking for her, thinking that she'd be easy to find with her bright red hair, but she was no where to be seen.

Instead, Rhys decided to return to the pub, perhaps the most familiar place to him in this strange land. Maybe if he took a seat and waited long enough, Harry would come and find him. It was best that they both weren't moving, Rhys reasoned. They'd never find each other if they were both in constant motion.

He scanned the pub as he entered, wondering if she had had the same idea, and wasn't paying attention as someone a bit older than him, and certainly bigger, ran right into him, knocking him into the table behind him. The impact against the table hurt and hurt his tailbone as he fell to the floor.

Without a complaint, Rhys rose to his feet. Whoever bumped into him got away scot free, not that Rhys would confront them anyway if he knew who had done it. As he helped himself up using the table, Rhys met eyes with a kid about his age, looking upset and covered with a brown beverage. "D-did I do that?" Rhys inquired, guiltily. He didn't mean to be such an inconvenience. "I'm so sorry! Your shirt! I absolutely ruined it!" Rhys apologized, grabbing napkins from the neighboring table to help clean up the spilled hot chocolate. He handed a clump to the victim of his fall so they could do their best to clean off their shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Now that the drink was on his shirt, it was getting cold. Why hadn't he brought a jacket? What a great way to start off the day. Birdie always believed that things always had a good side to them but he wasn't seeing the good side of this. His shirt was ruined and his skin was probably bright red under his shirt. His nails dug into his hands as he balled up his fists, he wasn't angry. Just very upset. "I'm not worried about the shirt," he lied. It was a nice shirt. That that was the least of his problems.

His first problem was the cold chills that he was getting from the beverage on his shirt. His second problem was obtaining a new shirt. And his third problem was that he didn't know what had happened to make all of this happen. He couldn't believe his luck. "Bird," he said out of the blue. "My name is Bird." He was sure that the liquid would dry soon, if not maybe he could go back to the hotel his family was staying at and change out of the shirt and into a new one. "And I have hot chocolate on my shirt. And now we're friends. We can't come back from this, this is a bonding moment." He grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 am

Rhys frowned. A stain like that looked like it would never come out. He didn't mean to have fallen into the table. Even though the kid insisted that it was alright, Rhys was still worried. He bowed his head in shame and jumped as he heard the kid say a word. Bird. Rhys was confused for a moment until it was clarified to be an introduction. He smiled slightly as he knew this meant they were to be friends. "Rhys," He said in response and offered his hand to shake. He laughed as Bird said this event was a bonding one. "A serendipity, for sure," Rhys noted, before looking back at the hot-chocolate covered shirt. How embarrassing would it be for his new friend to complete his shopping looking like that.

He was wearing a button down shirt over a t-shirt, so Rhys figured he could spare one of them. He pulled off the button down and handed it to Bird. "Here. You can probably change into it in the bathroom," He offered with a timid smile. "Don't worry about returning it. It's the least I can do for the poor kid I spilled hot chocolate all over."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Birdie grinned and took the boy's hand into his. This had to be the most interesting way he had ever met someone. And it was turning out very well. It had started off horribly, but now things were going smoothly and he was sure that he was going to gain a friend out of this. He had met someone the day before but he couldn't tell if they had become friends or not. But he did know that she was older and this boy looked to be about the same age as him. So, it would be nice to have someone in the same year. "At least things are going well now," he grinned.

Public bathrooms were never Bird's thing. If he had to go at school, he would hold it until he got home. Or he would quickly go into the boys' restroom when no one was around. If there was, he would go into the girls'. People didn't react well when they knew someone was different from them and he didn't need negativity when all he wanted to do was use the restroom. "Um, thanks." He took the shirt and looked around. "I'll just put it on over this." He quickly put on the shirt and buttoned it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Rhys was glad that Birdie was cool about the whole incident. It wasn't really his fault for falling into the table, but nonetheless Rhys willing took the blame for it. Turned out, Birdie was a pretty cool person.

He didn't understand the discomfort that arose on Birdie's face as he offered over the shirt. It wasn't the most fashionable of tops but would no doubt be better than wearing the hot chocolate stain shirt all day. Eventually it appeared that Birdie worked out whatever was troubling him and instead put it on over the dirtied shirt. "That works too," Rhys noted. "Are you excited for school?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Bird didn't want to make a scene by going into the boys' room when someone could call him out on it. He knew that he would be put into a girls' dorm and there was nothing he could do about that. He hoped at he was put into a room with an understanding person instead of someone that would be freaked out over something that wasn't that big of a deal.

"Yeah, I am." He grinned. Ever since he got his letter, he was excited. He wondered what everything was like and he wanted to know everything about magic. "I didn't know about magic until I got my letter."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down