Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Blindness is the Colour Pink

Go down

Blindness is the Colour Pink Empty Blindness is the Colour Pink

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Christine had shocked Camille, one of her coworkers, with her confession that she had not gone out anywhere since she had graduated from Beauxbatons. The shock worsened when Camille interpreted this as to mean she'd never been on a date. Christine had been on plenty of those with mildly pleasant boys. It was only because she was adjusting to life after Beauxbatons that she had not been out on a date with anyone since. This same co-worker decided to help out by setting her up on a date. A lovely young man who helped look after the children at a daycare centre. The very centre where Camille sent her son.

With no polite way of escaping such a dubious thing as a blind date Christine resigned herself to meeting with the man. She had no name. Not even a description. Just a place and table number. That was it. The Black Sun Diner did not excite Christine one little bit. She did not want a blind date. She wished to go on a date with a young man who had taken time to woo her. Not a man who needed help. Certainly not one who considered a diner a suitable place for a bind date!

As the immaculately dressed young woman entered the diner she looked around for the table. Her eyes skimmed over one man with a fake hair colour and tattoos and settled on a clean cut young man. "Incorrect number," she muttered with some disappointment. That disappointment deepened when she realised the man she'd over looked earlier was at the right table. She approached the table. "I do believe you are the gentleman Camille arranged for me to meet," she said politely. Ever so politely despite the fact this gentleman looked to be nothing of a sort.

Back to top Go down

Blindness is the Colour Pink Empty Re: Blindness is the Colour Pink

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 am

Quentin always tried to have a good relationship with the kids at the Daycare and at this point, he was quite familiar with the regulars. But perhaps he had gotten too familiar  or else let his big mouth get him into trouble as suddenly the mother of one of the kids knew about his 'big break up' and wanted to help by setting him up with a witch she knew. It had come as a surprise to Quinn and he was hesitant to accept. After all, he had only ever dated Paige and that was after forming a friendship with her. This would be all so new to him and he felt out of practice of dating. However, Camille insisted, saying she already mentioned it to her co-worker and that she had agreed. Quinn wasn't about to stand up the poor witch she roped into this.

It might be fun, He told himself as he sat at the designated table in the Sun Diner, stealing glances at the people around him, wondering if they were the one. He nervously took a sip of water, which he ordered when the waiter came around the first time after explaining he was waiting for his date. His hand shook ripples into the surface of the liquid.

Finally someone who wasn't staff approached the table. However one glance at her appearance and Quinn was convinced there must've been some mistake. She dressed as if she were attending the finer restaurant down the street, yet once she opened her mouth to state she was to meet him there, Quinn discovered he was wrong. He quickly rose to stand, his hip bone colliding with the table and knocking it askew, spilling his water slightly. Quinn regarded it a moment before turning back to his blind date. "Hello. Yes, you are in the right place," He returned, offering her a nervous smile. "Umm," he moved to pull out a chair for her before reseating himself, grabbing a handful of disposable napkins to soak up the spilled water. "You look remarkable! In fact, I feel quite underdressed compared to you," Quinn admitted. He was dressed in a nice shirt and his best pair of jeans, a much more casual look compared to her. "But anyway, introductions, right? My name is Quentin, but most people call me Quinn," He started. He wasn't actually sure what to do on dates like these, but hopefully she was as novice as he was.

Last edited by Quentin D'Angelo on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Leo Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 am

It was very disappointing to learn he was indeed the young man Camille spoke of. If he was a lovely young wizard then looks were deceiving. Her despair deepened when he clumsily bumped the table. He did improve ever so slightly though when he pulled out her chair for her. "Thank you," she said as she gracefully sat and waited for him to return to his own seat.

She smiled at the compliment and inclined her head. "I have always believed in good presentation no matter where or what the occasion." Indeed, even her quidditch uniform had been immaculate at the beginning of a match. It was a shame many of the conditions she had been required to play in meant even she was incapable of keeping it that way.

"It is lovely to meet you Quentin," she said politely. "I am Christine." There was some familiarity about him which nagged her but she managed to contain herself. Maybe a few probing questions would reveal the reason. Innocent enough questions which would mean he would not be aware she was even doing so. Not yet of course. "Have I kept you waiting long?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm

"Well it definitely shows. I am very impressed," Quentin stated, intending for it to be a compliment. "Not that you have to impress me!" He quickly added, thinking that perhaps what he said could be taken the wrong way. "We hardly even know each other yet, right?" He laughed nervously. How he had ever convinced Paige to date him seemed like a miracle to him at that current moment. He was hardly charming at all and more on the side of being a klutz. His blind date's beautiful eyes stared at him in a way that made him feel judged and that she wasn't entirely impressed with what she saw.

Her name rung a bell in his mind, though Quentin could not place it. Surely he had met many a Christines in his time, but for some reason he could not stop thinking about it. His attention was hardly on his date when she asked whether or not he had been waiting long and his response came too late to be excused as natural. "Oh...ummm, no, not really. I mean, I wanted to make sure I arrived early so you wouldn't think I stood you up or something," He explained, half-dazed. Christine. Christine. "Henrau?" he spoke the surname with a hint of question.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:22 pm

He was nervous, Christine surmised. That was her interpretation of the way he was babbling. "Correct," she agreed. "This is the time to learn about each other. That is the purpose of a blind date is it not?" With zero experience of blind dates she only had what she had heard and read to go by. It was one way to acquaint oneself with an otherwise stranger. Though perhaps a face to face introduction with the mutual person who knew both participants was the better way of proceeding.

"That was very thoughtful of you," she said with a genuine smile. Certainly none of the boys she had dated during her years at Beauxbatons had been so thoughtful. She was puzzled by the way her last name came out of his mouth. She hadn't given him her full name in the same way he had not provided his own. "Yes. That is who I am," she conceded, "but how was it you knew?" The familiarity of his name still escaped her. Had her sister perhaps mentioned him once? This was not settling well with a young woman who prided herself on excellent memory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Quentin felt entirely out of the game of dating. He wouldn't have known what to talk about with a girl if he hadn't suddenly realized he might actually know her. Quentin smiled with the confirmation of her last name. Memory of Christine rushed back to his mind which left him in a slight awe with how much and how little he knew about this woman and in even greater awe at how she had changed. "We played quidditch together in Beauxbatons. I was team captain at the time," Quentin clarified, hoping to spark her memory. "of course, I had blue hair back then instead of pink."

His eyes averted as the waiter finally made his way by their table, asking for their order. Quentin wasn't sure how long they had been waiting for, but he wasn't upset. The wait had been pleasant with Christine to talk to. "I'll have the soup of the day and a turkey wrap," Quentin told the waiter and then looked towards Christine. He knew the food at the dinner wasn't terribly fancy, but despite his choice having been dictated by his funds, he thought it was a homey choice for a first date.

Once the waiter had gone, Quentin picked up the conversation right where it left off. "I remember when you first joined the team. You could hardly keep the bat in your hands!" He couldn't help but laugh fondly. "But you improved and sure showed everyone else what you were capable of, didn't you?" He added, hoping he hadn't offended her.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:46 pm

With an image of a blue-haired boy leading the Cerisier team in her mind Christine's face turned a little pinker. She hadn't been a very good player at all back then and now her blind date turned out to be someone who'd witnessed her failures. "What is your real hair colour?" she asked. Manners had been completely forgotten in the light of revelation along with the rule for how to behave if someone brought up an embarrassing incident from your past.

"The same for me thank you," she told the waiter. Her mind was still reeling and Christine was not at all confident anything she read on the menu would register in her brain. No time to ask what a turkey wrap was or if it was possible to eat one delicately. Besides a place like this possibly would not have the right type of meals for eating delicately besides the soup.

She sat up straighter and replied primly, "of course I improved. Back when I first joined the team I was only eleven and had never played the game before. All I knew of Quidditch I had learned from my sister." And it had been surprising that beating hadn't given her the ugly biceps she had sometimes feared would appear on her arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Something changed in Christine's face when he mentioned he used to be the captain of Cerisier quidditch team. Quentin wasn't sure if it was a sign of recognition or remembrance of a bad memory. He frowned trying to remember if he had done anything really embarrassing back then. He was knocked off of his broom by a bludger his first game as captain. Was she judging him because of that? He was only too glad to hear her question his hair color, as if trying to change the subject. "Dark brown, I think. It's been awhile. But definitely some shade of brunette." He hadn't seen his natural hair color since he had initially accidentally bleached it that one time and had been slapping on an obnoxious color ever since.

It was apparent something was bothering Christine but Quinn wasn't sure if he should ask. Perhaps it was something too personal for her to share on a first date. Or perhaps she just didn't like him, which would be a shame since they had already ordered. He tried to ignore it and continue conversing as they waited for their order.

He smiled politely as she spoke of how little Quidditch experience she had before joining the team. "Woah, I give you credit then. It's hard enough starting Quidditch when you're a first year, but at least I had been playing Quidditch with my cousin for years before I started school," Quentin relayed, in a slight awe. He had an advantage when he tried out. Christine must've depended on natural talent alone to get her position on the team. He was slightly envious. Maybe if he possessed more natural talent he could still play quidditch regularly or be a professional player like Chris was. "What attracted you to Quidditch?" Quentin asked. For him it was obviously that his cousin was on the team and back then he wanted to be exactly like Christian when he grew up. It was no question whether or not he'd try out. Christine did mention she had learned from her older sister. Perhaps she had an influence on her decision?
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:47 am

"You should try going back to your natural hair colour to see if that is the case," she advised. It had to be better than blue or pink or any other colour he may have tried between the last time she saw him to now. No=one looked good with anything other than their natural hair colour. Well perhaps the exception being when it's in that in between stage between a youthful colour and grey. That looked just as awful as pink or blue. All that two tone hair.

Christine never did discover why Professor Bowen thought she had potential right from her very first tryout despite knowing she'd only just learnt how to fly in those first year lessons. "My sister," she admitted. "She played Quidditch and so I decided I should play too. Mind you I had no clue what it was she did before I received my letter. Everyone kept quiet about what kind of school Stephanie when to." Like she was unreliable or something. Her reputation for gossip had been totally unfounded and without proof.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:35 pm

"I will, eventually," Quentin replied, honestly. He wasn't ready yet to return back to a normal shade of color, but it had been his intention for awhile. "But I am not ready to do that yet," He added and certainly the suggestion of an old acquaintance was not going to sway his mind any. For him, returning to a normal shade meant accepting adulthood. He knew he could not outrun full responsibilities forever, but he knew he still had some youth left in him and he wasn't about to make any rash actions like marriage or starting a family any time soon. That was when he would be ready to look normal.

The waiter returned with their food, the warm scent of the soup filling up Quinn's nostrils. He enjoyed this restaurant thoroughly, though it had not occurred to him before that what he ordered might be somewhat messy. He dipped his spoon into the cream of mushroom soup and sipped with a heightened caution as he listened to Christine. Nothing would be more embarrassing than to have it spill on his shirt.

He nodded, taking it that Christine looked up to her sister in the way that he had looked up to Christian. He was confused by what she said next. He wasn't aware of Christine's blood status, nor did it matter to him, but it sounded to him like she did not know of magic before her letter had arrived, which was peculiar because her sister was a witch as well. "That sounds really unreasonable. Why keep you in the dark about something that would affect you?" Being magical meant more than just attending a magic school. It impacted nearly every choice whether it is deciding to use magic for a task or not or something of a greater importance.

Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 am

Christine prudently decided she would not press Quinn further. She was satisfied that he would one day do the sensible thing. In the meantime food had arrived.

The soup did smell good and Christine was pleased she followed Quinn's example rather than peruse what she supposed was a very limited and unsophisticated menu. She daintily dipped her soup-spoon into the soup and carefully raised it to her lips taking care not to make awful slurping noises. That would be completely undignified. As she suspected it was very good indeed.

"My family would not have known I too was destined to attend Beauxbatons," Christine replied. "I have heard others speak of the accidental magic they performed when they were children. I, however, do not have any recollection of such occurrences either by myself or Stephanie. The must have occurred but perhaps we put it down to our imaginations. My family is very creative and artistic." And that was the only way Christine could possibly explain why there were no suspicions about herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down