Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Empty Stalls & Empty Saddles

Go down

Empty Stalls & Empty Saddles Empty Empty Stalls & Empty Saddles

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Aurora was on a downward spiral. Her grades were slipping drastically and she was starting to make herself sick with all of the crying she was doing. She nowadays found herself sitting in the stables, skipping classes. It wasn't healthy and her professors were taking notice.

Today she was curled up in one of the empty horse stalls, sniffling to herself and just playing with the fresh Hay that was there. She used to love the sent of the yellow stuff, but now the thought of it mad her both sad and sick. She figured that her potions class was about done now, next was charms, but why bother attending? She was going to fail anyways. She bit her lip and sighed. At this rate she wouldn't be able to stay in France, this was all Penny's fault. If she hadn't died everything would've been fine. But now there was an empty saddle at home and she knew it wouldn't be used again.

Back to top Go down

Empty Stalls & Empty Saddles Empty Re: Empty Stalls & Empty Saddles

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Beauregard didn't usually skip class, but there was a first for everything. His year had been turned sort of weird once he had found out about the truth of his parents and family. His mood was dampened greatly, but Riley was being so supportive it helped him some. However, just once in awhile he felt unusually down and just wanted to be away from everyone else. His moods never waited for a convenient time, not even if he had to be in class in the next five minutes. Bo walked right on past charms class and kept walking as he headed out from the castle on onto the grounds. He didn't stop until he hit the stables and then decided to go inside to hide from any prefect who might rat him out for cutting class.

He whistled a tune in attempt to cheer himself up. It didn't work so well, but the space from people was a nice change. He was humored by how different the horses looked after his growth spurt. He remembered the first time seeing them being alarmed at how tall they were, but now they didn't seem so big and scary. They looked beautiful.

Something caught his attention from the corner of his eye. He jumped at the unexpectedness of it but then sighed as he noticed it was a student. "Oh Rory, you alarmed me," He said, breathlessly as his heart settled back to it's resting pulse. "What are you doing here?" He asked, as he just remembered she was supposed to be in class as well as he was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Aurora hugged her knees, not realizing there was an intruder in her hiding spot. She she bit her lip and looked up to see whom the culprit was, and sighed a little bit relieved when she saw who the person was. She smiled slightly and stood. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said softly and looked down. She was kinda confused as to why he was here, but then again she didn't really have room to talk.

"Me?" She asked and shrugged. "I just came here to think. I didn't really feel like going to class. I haven't really felt like don't anything as of late." She sighed and held her arms across her body. "I just...I wish things were different.." She answered vaguely. "What are you doing here?" She asked turning his question one him. She didn't personally care why he was there, but it still made her curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Come to think of it, Aurora missed many of the classes they had been together in. She didn't seem like the rebel type, but then again, he probably didn't seem like the type to actually show up to class regularly, yet he did. He nodded in quiet agreement, understanding where she was coming from. He wondered if he should ask any further questions. Her eyes seemed red as if she had been crying not too long before he had arrived.

He bite his lip as his own question was turned upon him. He supposed it was only natural for her to ask that of him after he had interrogated her. "I suppose, my answer is quite similar. I just needed a little alone time to think things through," He replied, not offering any further details. "I can find another place to go, though, if you'd like. You were here first," he offered to leave. He never liked fighting and always wanted to avoid it if he could. To argue over who got the stables to themselves would be entirely pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Aurora had always been a caring soul. She didn't wish for the sadness of others. So, it concerned her when Bo had responded with a similar answer to that of her own. With everything that had happened with Penny, it was hard to remember that others had troubles as well. She gave him a sympathetic smile and wiped her tear stained cheeks. "No, you're welcome to stay, if you'd like." She said with a weak smile. "I know it's not 'alone' time, but it never hurts to have a little company?" She said with a small sniffle.

She looked down at the ground and walked over to a hay bale and patted the spot next to her. She hugged her legs to her chest and sighed a little. "You wanna talk about it?" She offered softly. Though she was sad, she figured that it would be rude to delve into her own problems, before making sure that her friend was okay first. After all, that was the way she'd been raised. 'Love others and care for them first before yourself.' the motto was simple, but bold at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Bo wasn't sure where he'd go if Aurora told him to leave, but he wouldn't argue about it if she did. He respected desiring silence, but yet accepted invitation to join her when she told him he could stay. The lanky boy took a seat on the hay covered floor across from Rory, pressing one knee to his chest and folding his arms across it.

They were silent for a moment, the only noise that could be heard was the subtle movements of the horses in the stables around them. Suddenly Rory spoke up and asked Bo if he wanted to discuss what was bothering him. Bo scoffed. "Not really. Last time I spoke about it-" He broke off as he realized he was about to admit he cried, which would be embarrassing. "I sorta got emotional..." He managed, which wasn't that much better. He paused for a moment. "Do you...want to talk about it?" He asked in response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Aurora bit her lip and jumped at Bo's immediate scoff. It was louder than she had expected, and had caught her off guard. "It's okay.." She said and nodded at him. She wasn't going to pry him for information, like most people would. She'd wait until he was ready to tell her. "I understand, but if you do wanna talk about it later. I'm here." She offered with a small smile.

Though when he asked her if she too wanted to talk about her problems, she stiffened a little. She did want to talk about what had happened, but she didn't know how to address it. Death was a touchy subject and wasn't taken lightly. "Well..." She started and swallowed the lump in her throat. "You remember how Penny was sick with the foal..." She started off shakily. "When I returned home for the summer, we tried to nurse her back to health...however..." She continued with a heavy heart and paused for a long time after that break. "She didn't make it." She finally said and let a few tears slip from her eyes. "The foal did, but...my Penny....she's....gone..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Bo's lips remained sealed as Rory told him if he felt like talking about it later, he could. He wasn't sure he could trust himself to hold his composure if he were to by chance tell her what was eating him, but nonetheless appreciated her kindness.

Rory, however, did feel comfortable talking. Bo didn't know too much about Rory but he did know about her horse named Penny and he knew how fond she was of the animal. He also had heard about her worries for her horse last year. His face dropped as she mentioned the fate of her horse. He nodded solemnly. "I'm sorry for your loss," He said, his voice quiet. "I know how dear she was to you." That seemed like the right thing to say. "I know me saying all that doesn't really help. Nothing can change the fact that you lost your beloved horse. But just know that it's okay to be upset," Bo added. He extended and hand and placed it on Rory's and gave it a squeeze before retreating it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Aurora tried to hold back her tears, she didn't want to make Bo feel uncomfortable by crying, even around close friends it was a little awkward. She knew that if she broke down she wouldn't be able to stop. She wasn't sure if she and Bo knew each other well enough for her cry a little bit. It seemed odd since they were both in the same year and they had seen each other quite a few times in the years that had gone to school together.

"Thank you..." She whispered and wiped away the salty tears on her cheeks. She was grateful for his words and She blushed slightly when he gave her hand the small squeeze. She's never known Bo to be the affection type, but she just assumed that everyone had their soft spots. "Everyone is telling me to just try to get over it, but Penny was my best friend in the whole world. I loved her more than anything." She whispered. "No one seems to understand what it is like to have someone or something so close to you just suddenly ripped away. There was just so much that I wished I could have done with her. She was so young." She rambled on.

She suddenly realized how long she'd talking for and went silent. "Sorry, when I'm sad or nervous I tend to ramble on." She looked at the ground. "I just miss her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:25 pm

When the tears started to fall from Aurora's eyes, Bo instantly looked away as if it were a private moment he felt he shouldn't be a part of. He felt like maybe he should leave, but then she thanked him and he decided to stay.

"I don't think people really understand loss until they've experienced it," he replied. It annoyed him how people would just say to get over it, like a lost loved one was a broken expensive vase. There was no replacing a loved one once they were gone. Only other people to distract one from thinking about that empty spot in the heart that the dead one left behind.

"It's okay. You probably feel angry and confused about why it had happened and sad that there will no longer be a future with Penny. It can be overwhelming, I know. So, it's okay," He finished and then let the stables fall back to silence once more. What a miserable place for a girl who just lost her favorite horse to be. Surely more than one of the horses reminded her of Penny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Aurora looked at Bo as he spoke. He was really sweet and seemed to want to help her understand that it was okay to be upset, that she shouldn't be ashamed to want to mourn the loss of her friend. However it was more than that. Though she was liked at school, Penny had been her only friend. Her only best friend and now she was alone.

The girl took a deep breath glanced over at Bo. She figured that she could tell him this. He would understand if he tried, but that was probably too personal. She but her lip hard and rested her head one her arms. After another moment of silence she looked over at him and smiled small. "Thank you Bo...you're a good friend."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum