Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Winter Wedding

2 posters

Go down

Winter Wedding Empty Winter Wedding

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Patrick had been seeing a girl since he had started college and now he was a graduate and had a nice apartment with his girlfriend. Caleb was very happy for his brother and was excited when he had gotten a wedding invitation in the mail stating that they were going to get married in the winter. He didn't have any complaints about the woman his brother was marrying and gladly accepted the invitation. He was even asked to be his brother's best man which had made the young man cry a bit. He was honored to have the title of best man. The week of the wedding was hectic and it seemed like everyone was busy preparing. Caleb was given a list of things that Patrick wanted him to do and he got straight to it. Once those things were done, he focused on renting himself a tux and making sure that he triple checked that he had asked his girlfriend to attend the gathering with him. He had been so busy that he found himself asking her a million times if he had invited her.

The day went by and the wedding had arrived and gone. The reception was next and the newly weds danced to the first dance. Caleb smiled brightly at his brother, he was very happy for him.

Back to top Go down

Winter Wedding Empty Re: Winter Wedding

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:57 pm

When Mabel had gotten her invitation for the wedding, she thought about not going and just staying home. But that would have been no fun and sitting home alone didn't sound very appealing. She was allowed to bring a guest but decided not to because she didn't want anyone to tag along with her. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Fane was busy with his new child, who she had yet to meet, so he was off the list. And Mabel hadn't talked to Stark since she had run into him at the diner about two years ago. They hadn't talked long and he had left before they could have a conversation. She could have invited one of the hunky male models that she worked with but decided against that because she didn't care for the people she worked with. Lately she had been thinking about changing her career to something that she enjoyed, like dancing. She hadn't done much of it since she became an adult and she wanted that to change.

She didn't understand why people cried at weddings. She sat beside her mother and her mother had began to tear up. It wasn't even her child getting married either. She couldn't imagine her reaction when one of her daughters got married. Mabel didn't think she'd ever settle down and get married since no one was really worth her time and no one seemed to like her romantically. She didn't mind though, she liked being alone. The wedding was a blur to the twenty-year-old and now she walked as the bride and groom danced to the first slow song.

Once that was over, others joined them on the dance floor. Mabel found herself by the bar drinking a bottle of beer that was a bit too cold. Maybe she'd leave here with one of Patrick's friends who was too old for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Cameron had never been to a wedding before and he couldn't wait to see how everything worked out. He bet it would be beautiful and perfect like you see in movies. The movies he had watched with Anna. He misses her dearly and the winter reminded him of her fresh baked cookies and Christmas meals. And the presents he got from his mother. But there was no time to feel sad, there was much to do and little time to get things done. He was dressed in a suit that was a bit too big for him since he was a bit on the short side. It was bought for him yet it didn't feel like his own, it just didn't fit right. He didn't fit in right. He didn't feel right around all the members of the Miller family. He was adopted and everyone knew it.

Tanner must have sensed his uneasiness with the side so he place his arm around his adopted son and grinned down at him. "It's a big day," he whispered to him. "You're brother is getting married and you'll have another sister." There was something about his words that made him feel like he belonged and for a moment he truly believed it. But he knew that he wasn't a real Miller and he wasn't even sure what his blood type was. "You'll get used to the crowd, we're a large group," he said after watching his son for a moment.

He pulled him closer and grave him a squeeze, he hoped he would feel like he belonged in their family because he did. "Thanks," Cameron said softly. He paused to think about what he wanted to say next. "Dad." He had never had a dad and the word felt awkward to him like it didn't belong in his mouth. The smile on Tanner's face made the awkwardness worth it.

The reception came and went and Cameron watched in awe as he watched his brother dance the first song. Once the song was over, the rest of the group began to dance. He didn't leave Tanner's side and followed him over to his brother Caleb. "When am I going to see you get married?" he joked in front of who Cameron assumed was Caleb's girlfriend. Cameron couldn't help but giggle at Tanner's honesty and his humor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:39 am

Marie-Laure liked an excuse to dress up and weddings were perfect for that sort of thing. She wasn't for or against marriage either so long as it wasn't something which was to lead to the weirdness of her parents' experience. And from the little of what she'd observed about the Miller family she thought there were likely very little in the way of secrets. Except perhaps the bride might not be quite aware of the capabilities of the rest of the family. Marie-Laure hadn't asked Caleb about that. It wasn't her business.

She was soon moving along with the crowd to the reception and moved in amongst them to Caleb's side. "That appeared to go well," she said to him softly and reached for his hand. Anything else she might have added was forgotten in the arrival of a couple of other people. Caleb's father? The question he asked brought a smile to her face. Marie-Laure already liked him and the straight forward way he teased his son. Curious as she was about what Caleb's answer would be she cut in first with, "when he asks me." It wasn't something she'd ever considered before when it came to Caleb but now with this wedding and surrounded by Millers she couldn't help herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:10 pm

His dad was coming over and that meant trouble. His father was more of the laid back kind of person whereas his mother was not. They were opposites that had attracted to each other like magnets. Tanner Miller liked to joke and get people laughing, he labelled himself as the 'cool dad'. He was always bound to say something embarrassing and this time was no different. He had left the usually talkative man speechless. Marriage? It wasn't a bad idea but he hadn't thought about any of that. He was taken back and he couldn't recover in time to say something before his girlfriend did. "I don't know when that will be," he admitted. "But I'll make sure yours and mom's names are on top of the invitation list." He had been put on the spot and wanted to shy away from the sudden attention. "Isn't this day supposed to be about Patrick?" he went on. What he really meant was to tell his dad to go away.

Tanner's grin only grew and he stood firmly in his spot. "You know how your mother is, she wants grandkids." He hasn't just said that, had he? Caleb's mouth hung open a bit before he collected himself. He shut his mouth but continued to blush and stare at his father.

He stood like that for a good minute before blinking. "Okay, dad, I think it's time for you to go show Cameron the rest of the family," he pushed his father gently towards the rest of the Millers before turning towards Marie-Laure. "Sometimes I think he's drunk because he's so honest but he's not. I'm so sorry about that. He's a little..." Weird? Embarrassing? Honest? "Well, he's my dad and that's where I get me from."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Greg was really nervous when Kayla invited him to go to her brother's wedding. She assured him that it was not a date. But Gregory was embarrassed, as usual. Even more so after his older sister had said if she says it's not a date, she wants it to be. And his mother just let her say it. Even Autumn had said that it was a date. He didn't want to believe them, but he knew it was true.

Gregory was hoping that he would have the chance to pal around with Cameron, but he was nowhere to be found.

So Gregory stood awkwardly next to Kayla, watching her brother and her new sister-in-law share a dance together. They looked very happy and in love and all of those other things that married people were.

He turned to Kayla, who had appeared to be watching the couple as well. "Do you want to dance?" he asked after the bride and groom stopped dancing with each other and instead, danced with their friends and families It seemed like an appropriate question. It didn't make him look like a moron, so he figured it was a decent one.
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 am

A Miller wedding was sure to bring all the Millers together and Fiona, for once, decided that perhaps she would stay well away from Mabel. There was no need to create fireworks for Patrick. He was one of the nicer members of the clan. Now if it were Mabel getting married on the other hand... She snorted at that idea. As if anyone would marry Mabel. Very different to Miss Fiona with a ring on her finger and her own wedding to plan. Well mum to plan for her anyway.

She twisted the ring around her finger and smiled up at Rene. "So you want to dance? We'll need the practice if we want to be as good as Patrick out there with his new wife." Of course Rene didn't need practice. He was a brilliant dancer. Fiona on the other hand sometimes had a few issues with her feet though not so much when she danced with Rene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayla Miller Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 am

Kayla still wasn't completely sure why she invited Greg to the wedding. She was inspired by the fact that most of the Millers were in serious relationships and bringing dates to the wedding. Sure, she was young and didn't expect her and Greg to date, but she liked him and didn't see why she couldn't make advances. She'd told him it wasn't a date, which it really wasn't. Just a friendly rendezvous with someone she happened to be attracted to.

She couldn't help giggling along when her dad suggested marriage to Marie-Laure and Caleb in the most embarrassing way possible. "Dad, admit it, you want grandkids just as badly," she giggled. She didn't giggle much, it was an odd sound for her. Then again, she'd thought she wasn't much of a hugger and it turned out she was.

Kayla stood by Greg, watching Patrick and the bride dance. She still wasn't completely happy about the marriage. He was going to be someone new now. A married man, one of those nice boring couples. Maybe he'd have a family and have a daughter and sons to replace Kayla and her brothers. And with him marrying a Muggle woman, he was practically completely assimilated into the Muggle world. She sighed, unhappy and frustrated as she was for speculating too deep.

She was snapped back into reality by Greg. "What? Oh. Yes." She didn't know how to dance. She just took his hands in hers and did a simple four step movement to the beat. It was a little awkward and unsynchronized at first, but they settled into it and she quelled the blush in her cheeks. "So what do you think of the wedding and my family?" she asked.
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 am

He could tell that Kayla didn't know how to dance. He was forced to learn when he was younger, but he wasn't about to correct her too much. He just readjusted her hands. "Your left hand goes on my shoulder," he said. "My right hand goes on your back. Our other hands go together. But we don't actually have to dance. We can walk around the room or something if you want. I just didn't want us to stand here all awkwardly."

He stood still for a moment before answering her question. "There are so many Millers. How many of them are there? Like, three hundred?" Gregory asked, laughing. "The wedding is nice. Your brother and sister-in-law look really happy. Well, everyone looks happy, actually. Except you," he said, noting the frown she had a few moments ago. "Why are you upset?"
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayla Miller Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:41 am

Kayla laughed. She couldn't resist the joyful atmosphere. "No, let's dance." She wouldn't have thought that Greg could dance. She tried to slow waltz, but she ended up stepping and sliding in a square. It felt awkward, clunky and unbalanced. "Do you know any dances?" she asked. She knew absolutely none and had never been in a position where she felt she needed to.

Kayla reflected on her previous thoughts. Why was she really unhappy? She shouldn't have been, Patrick was certainly happy. "He's married now. His wife is the most important person in his life. They have one combined identity now, Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Miller. Nothing will ever be the same." She vowed that when she got married, she wouldn't give up her Miller side. Giving up part of her identity sounded like big, scary commitment. Definitely not something she was ready for. She wasn't happy that Patrick had made that big leap either.
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:09 pm

"You're doing the steps right," Greg assured. "We're just standing funny. Take take a tiny step your left so our toes aren't facing each other directly. That way, we won't be stepping on each other's feet or bumping knees. And part of it is my fault. I've been letting you lead me around. I'm doing everything backwards and messing you up," he admitted. "Do you want to trade?"

Gregory didn't really know how to respond to her comment at first. So he just let her talk. "No. Things won't be the same. You're supposed to be with someone who makes you want to be a better person. Patrick has that, so he's going to be different. But it won't be a bad different. He'll be better to everyone."
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayla Miller Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Kayla adjusted her feet as Greg instructed. "Sure," she agreed when he offered to switch. She straightened her knees and posture, looking straight at Greg's face. She wished she had some step-by-step instructions on this and was informed beforehand. There was one pair who had just danced right by them, who seemed to be effortlessly gliding with grace. Kayla tried to follow Greg's orders and flow lightly. She trusted him on this. 

A better person? She thought the point of marriage was to bind with someone you truly loved and were completely devoted to. 'Til death do they part, after all. She didn't see how a wedding ring on your finger made you a better person. "They've been dating since college, her goodness would have rubbed off on him by now," Kayla noted. Why was she so pessimistic about her new sister-in-law? "I guess I don't want the one person in the family who understands me to turn into some generic man," Kayla admitted. It wasn't as if she and Patrick were complete soul siblings, they were just the quieter ones and shared a mutual understanding of each other.
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Cameron was having fun just following his new father around but he was called over by his new sister-in-law. Patrick was off talking to some of the other Millers about whatever adults talked about. So he began to talk to her and she invited him to join her in a dance. He gladly accepted since there was nothing else the young boy could do. She took both of his hands in hers and they began to sway and spin around to the beat of a fast song. For the first time of the day, the eleven year old felt like he sort of belong to the family. If she could join the family then so could he. It made him happy that he wasn't the only new Miller.

He laughed and grinned as the song continued then came to an end. "Thank you," he grinned before they parted ways. Now it was time to find something else to do while the couple began to dance together again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Marie-Laure had an urge to laugh at the look on her boyfriend's face. He may have looked embarrassed but she felt none of it for herself. She squeezed Caleb's hand. "You don't have to apologise. I like your dad. I think it's funny though he mentioned the grandchildren when his oldest son is the one who just got married. Maybe he should be talking to him."

The linking of drinking with honesty by Caleb did bring a forth a laugh. "If your father's honesty is blamed on drinking by you I wonder what you think of my own." She kissed him on the cheek. "And that's what I love about you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:34 pm

His dad was so embarrassing and he succeed in embarrassing his son to no end. "I bet hes already said it to Patrick," he shrugged. "He's just moving on to the next Miller. Which happens to be me." Part of him was only doing it to mess with his son but Caleb knew there was some honesty to his words. And that's what scared the poor man. It was like he was expecting him to make that big of a move. He wasn't even sure how Marie-Laure felt about all of that. "What do you think? About what he said. The marriage thing?" He paused a moment to collect himself. "About....kids?" It was a big step just talking about it and he was nervous amd scared about what her reaction might be.

Caleb blushed a bit at her words and the kiss. "I love you too," he said softly. He took both of her hands and pulled her towards the rest of the dancing couples and groups. "Maybe if we're dancing, we won't get ambushed by remarks from my family." He didn't need anyone else embarrassing him like his father hamd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:02 am

"So does that mean he'll be moving onto Fiona and Mabel next?" she asked, "or don't nieces count?" From the little she knew of them thanks to the time she'd played Quidditch with them she couldn't imagine Mabel being happy about it or Fiona taking it seriously. She studied him for what felt like an age before giving an answer. "Marriage is something I'd take serious thinking over before committing. My parents' example was a little ... odd...but just because it went a little weird for them..." She stopped abruptly and tried again. "I would like it one day. Kids though ... I'm not sure if I want them or not. Maybe in a few years."

She laughed as he caught both her hands and pulled her out to the dance floor. "Don't worry. I'll save you. Maybe next time we're at a family gathering it'll be mine." With his brother being a squib Marie-Laure was sure Caleb would have some knowledge of how to behave in muggle society. "My grandma would love you and feed you lots of sweet things."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm

A Miller was a Miller no matter the relation, he knew his father would go onto his cousins when he got the chance. And Caleb hoped they had a chance to run before he got to them. "He'd go after them," he said. He wondered what their reactions would be. Fiona would probably humor him and Mabel might be against the subject. Once Marie-Laure gave her answer, Caleb nodded towards his parents. "High school sweethearts, four kids, still in love like the day they met." He liked the example they set, through thick and thin they stayed together. "Maybe they could be your example." It was always nice to hope a marriage would last, that love would last. He thought her answer was perfect and he thought the same way. "It's best not to rush into things but I don't want to wait too long."

It would be nice to go to a family gathering that wasn't his own. He wanted to meet his girlfriend's family and this grandma sounded like a nice person because she would feed him sweets. "You have yourself a deal," he grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down