Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Remembering Penny

Go down

Remembering Penny Empty Remembering Penny

Post by Autumn Krischstein Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Autumn didn't really have a reason for coming into the stables. It was a place she'd never been before and she wanted to get more acquainted with her school.

She was looking at the magic animals that lived around the school when she heard a mini-sob. Just one loud gasp that frightened Autumn. She looked around, trying to find the source of the cry, but she couldn't find it at first.

She wandered around waiting for the sound again. She found it coming from a girl sitting up against a horse's stall. Autumn recognized her immediately.

"Why are you crying, Aurora?" Autumn asked.

She smacked her forehead with her hand. She forgot that the two had never officially met. Autumn had heard of her, but never actually spoke to her. Autumn cursed herself for eavesdropping on older students,
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Remembering Penny Empty Re: Remembering Penny

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Before Aurora had returned home for the summer, she had been made well aware that he beat friend in the whole world was sick. She had worried for weeks, but was happy that she was going to see her sweet friend and was hoping to help her through this sickness that she was having.

The young girl had gotten home and immediately gone to the barn. Her once beautiful, and spirited copper mare looked tired and faded. Her belly was swollen and she was resting in the hay. Aurora knew something that was seriously wrong by the way that her dear friend looked at her, but there was nothing she could do, for the day before she was supposed to return to Beauxbatons, Penny passed.

Her and her family were able to help the foal and keep it alive, but her friend was gone and was never coming back.

So here the young girl was, crying into her knees in the stables on Beauxbatons. She knew that no one usually came here, but today was not one of those days, for a younger girl suddenly spoke up, startling Aurora. "It's nothing..." The older girl said softly and shook her head realizing she didn't really know the girl, but she had seen her around. "You're Autumn, right..?" She said wiping her damp cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Autumn was confused. "Why would you cry if nothing was wrong?" Autumn asked.

"That's me. Whatever you've heard about me probably isn't true," she said.

The older kids didn't like Autumn very much and it had been spread around that she was a bit of a kleptomaniac. And a know-it-all. She was okay with the last one because it sounded appealing. But just because she had taken some things from the Potions storeroom, a couple of books from the library, some silverware from the Grand Hall, and some unrecognizable thing from the Quidditch Pitch, hardly diagnosed her with kleptomania. And she had put everything back, so what was big issue?

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about what happened?" Autumn asked, revisiting the reason she had come over to talk to Aurora.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Aurora looked at the younger girl and shrugged. She hadn't heard anything about the girl, but she figured that nothing could be that bad. "I don't know...I haven't heard anything." she admitted. As the girl continued to ask her what was the matter. Aurora bit her lip a bit and sighed. She couldn't deny it any longer, something was wrong. She was miserable, she wanted to just crawl in a ball and sob her eyes out, but she was beginning to reach her ends wit.

"Everything." She admitted and just shook her head. "I hate everything. What's the point of life? It's just going to screw you over in the end anyways." She shook her head and went silent. She realized that the girl didn't really understand what she was talking about. "My best friend is dead." She whispered. "My horse...her name was Penny." She spoke softly. "She died over the summer and she was sick with a foal, but she couldn't...she couldn't..." She tried to finish, but her voice broke off and she started to sob again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Autumn was glad to hear that the rumors about her weren't going on as much. Blending in with society was getting easier.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," Autumn said. She'd never experienced the grief of losing someone important. Of course, a horse wasn't an actual person, but the way Aurora talked about her made her pet seem just as real a person as anyone else.

Autumn thought for a moment. Aurora's questions seemed strictly rhetorical, but she felt like they still needed an answer. "I'm not quite sure what meaning of life is. I'm twelve, and I've never asked before. And I don't hate very many things. But I have a question: Would Penny want you to hate life just because she can't be here with you right now? Don't you think she'd want you to smile and be happy and be a good mom to her baby?"

Maybe Aurora would think that Autumn's questions were stupid. But Autumn knew that if something bad happened to her, she'd want her family and friends to be happy. She didn't want to think about something bad happening to herself. Or to anyone else.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Aurora gave the girl a small nod when she apologized. It was slightly odd. She'd never understood, why other people apologized for the misfortunes of those that they were talking to when it wasn't their faults and they had nothing to do with it in the first place. However, a small comfort came from the 'sorry' and the meaning behind it. The girl didn't say it, just to say it. She seemed to truly mean it and want to mourn with Aurora for her lost friend, even though she didn't know her.

Aurora bit her lip at the girls words, following the 'sorry'. Would Penny want her to be sad? No. Penny, though not a person, understood her. She loved her and Aurora loved her back. Though, the girl wasn't sure if she love the foal as much as she loved her lost friend. The foal had been the thing to kill her and she couldn't forgive that.

Of course Aurora knew the small creature couldn't help it, but it was hard not to harbor anger and desire to force the blame onto someone, or something else. "No..." She finally replied after a long moment of silence. "I suppose not." She sighed softly and hugged her knees closer. "I just wish things could be different."

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Autumn held her breath while Aurora thought. Autumn played out a few scenarios in her head. One, Aurora could be thinking about what Autumn had said and be serious about it. Two, Aurora was looking for a way to tell her to leave her alone. Three, Aurora could be preparing to scream at her.

It could've been any of the three. But Aurora seemed to answer honestly.

"I wish things were different for you, too," Autumn agreed.

"The foal won't be exactly the same, of course, but you can still love it. And maybe it will look similar or act similar to Penny. Or maybe, it'll be the friend you didn't know you wanted."
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down