Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Skipping Stones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skipping Stones

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:03 pm

It was pretty cool so far to be attending a school of magic, but sometimes all the magic really got to her. She always believed her mother when she told her magic was only in fairytales and that fairytales were impractical, but now it was like she was living in one, minus the happy singing animals. Sometimes she felt so lost among all the other children who grew up with magic and oftentimes things were confusing for her. Sometimes she just liked to spend some time out of the castle where she could just be normal Haruhi.

It was times like these she wished she had brought a football with her. The only sport wizards seemingly had was Quidditch and Haruhi still had much to learn about flying a broom before she could consider taking on the sport. Instead she settled with kicking a stone around as she walked around Silver Lake. Eventually she got tired of that a picked it up and attempted to skip it across the surface of the water. She frowned as it dropped heavily into the lake with a splash. That hadn't gone how she had expected it to at all. She attempted to skip another, flourishing her hand to give it a good spin, but instead it jutted off sideways and came into contact with a person, or she so assumed it had as she heard a shout. "Oh! Sorry! Clumsy me," He uttered, rushing over towards the person to see if they were alright.

Back to top Go down

Re: Skipping Stones

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Julie-Pierre had been walking along near the edge of the lake. It was nice being able to use some of his time to laze about. Sometimes just sitting in bed and studying spells wasn't something he wanted to do. He liked simplicity, but not to the point where everything felt boring and bland. He needed a sense of difference, a little bit of variety every so often that made things spark. He always liked having something real big happen, happy, of course, that would make him feel a little more at ease and happy with his more simpler occurrences until the next big thing.

This could be one of those sort of moments. He winced loud at the feel of a stone getting him at his side near one of his kidneys. He looked up to see a black-haired girl, who seemed to be about his age. She quickly apologised for what she did.

Instinctively, he gave a smile. "Oh, you're alright," he said, giving a light hand gesture. "It didn't hurt too bad. Besides, it was an accident, right?" The redhead looked to the girl. She could be another friend he could make.

"My name's Julie-Pierre," he said. "Again, don't worry. I'm not morbidly hit from that rock." He gave a light chuckle, meaning to make the moment a little more lighthearted. "What's your name?"

|Julie-Pierre|Pureblood|Autumn is my girlfriend|

credit to my favorite back up singer
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Not hurting 'too bad' wasn't enough to make Haruhi feel comfortable with her mistake. She pouted her lip as she addressed the boy she had hit. He was standing fine and it didn't seem that the rock took out an eye or anything. Maybe he'd bruise from the contact, but nothing he would die from. She nodded to confirm it was just an accident, which it was.

"Haruhi Kita," She replied with a slight bow. "It is nice to meet you, though probably would've been better if we met on better terms," Haruhi added, only for him to once again confirm that he was fine despite taking a rock to his body. "Are you sure you don't want ice from the Infirmary for that?" She offered. She would run and get some if he didn't feel like moving. It was her fault, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:16 am

Julie-Pierre gave a light smile, chuckling softly as he continued to try and ease the girl's panic through gestures. He never entirely liked it when others worried so much over him, though he understood why she had her concerns. She accidentally hit him, and that was a bit of a rare thing for anyone. Meeting someone by injury wasn't really the best way to make a friend.

The girl replied, introducing herself as Haruhi Kita. It was a nice name, really. Hearing her remark, he gave a light chuckle, meaning to still make the moment a bit better.

"Oh, it's nothing," he chimed, "I promise. It barely even hurts."

Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 pm

With his final assertion that he was alright, Haruhi nodded and left it at that. Pursuing it would only be found annoying and would probably drive the kid away from her and she could use a few friends, if the boy wanted to be friends after being hit with a rock.

The short haired girl ducked to pick up another rock and fiddled with it between her fingers as she looked out across Silver Lake. "When I was younger my mother used to take me and my grandmother to a lake and we would skip rocks, only cept I never really learned how to make them skip. But I was young and excited by the way heavy rocks would make ripples and splashes in the water, so it was always fun," Haruhi relayed, attempting to skip the rock, once again failing. She sighed heavily. Now her mother was too busy with work to participate in such frivolities, but it was still a nice memory. "Do you know how to skip a rock?" She inquired. He was still hanging around after all, so it was worth asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm

The redhead chuckled softly, finding it still a little funny, yet nice, she was concerned for him. He was hurt a little, but it was a small sting. It wasn't anything so dire he needed medical care. He admit, the girl had slightly overreacted, though he couldn't blame her.

He heard her begin to speak, grabbing a small pebble from the rocks and such nearby. Julie-Pierre found her story interesting, looking out to the lake. The came her question of him being able to skip a rock. He smirked, tossing the pebble up in the air a few times.

"It's all in the wrist," he said, unsure exactly how to explain it. He was going to try, though. "You just gotta give it a bit of a curve before you let go." The boy quickly went with his demonstration, only to have his rock skip twice before plummeting into the water.

Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Haruhi decided she liked the boy named Julie-Pierre. He had good manners, was calm and listened to her when she spoke. She found him more than suitable to be an acquaintance, but friendship would depend on common interests. However, that could be a conversation for another day, for in that moment Haruhi only wanted to learn how to skip a rock.

She listened attentively and watched the demonstration as the red haired boy instructed her in the art of skipping a stone. His only skipped twice before disappearing beneath the surface of the water, but Haruhi was pleased nonetheless.

"That's one more time than my rocks have gone," She relayed, chipperly. Then dropped to pick up another rock and try it on her own. She flourished her wrist like he had told her to and surely enough the rock skipped twice, just like his had, and then sunk. "I did it!" She jumped and cheered, and then went for more rocks. "C'mon, lets see who can get their rock to skip more times!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Julie-Pierre smiled when he saw Haruhi able to send a rock off, though it only skipped twice. He still felt really happy for her, and she seemed rather happy, too. That was a relief, really. Seeing anyone in a sense of distraught always brought the redhead's day a little down.

The girl's happiness seemed to be gleaming, the boy chuckling as he felt he had done something right. Though he hadn't done much, it was nice seeing someone in a more positive mood when someone was done in their aid. With her exclaim, the boy smiled as he grabbed a rock.

"Alright," he said, getting ready to throw his rock. "Do you want to throw at the same time?"

Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Haruhi was glad that Julie-Pierre seemed interested in skipping stones with her. He seemed like a fun guy. She instantly went to collect a new rock to skip as he agreed to compete in her simple competition. It was dubious that she would win, but that was entirely besides the point.

"On the count of three, we will both release, Okay?" She relayed the rules, before turned to ready herself for skipping the rock. Twist the wrist, she repeated to herself beneath her breath. "May the best man win. One. Two. Three!" She flung the rock with all she had in her arm only for the rock to soar through the air and plunge right into the water. "Darn. I guess you win this round."

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm

When the two counted off to their final number, Julie-Pierre sent his rock off. He hadn't entirely expected it to skip, but didn't completely expect it to plunge the first time, either. To his surprise, this time he managed for it to skip three times before it fell into the flimsy floor the water made. The skips were small, however, so distance wasn't in his favour. Nevertheless, he was astonished by Haruhi's throw.

"Holy moly!" he said with a wide smile. He turned to the girl, jumping up and down in excitement for her. "That was an amazing throw! I've never been able to pitch something that high!" The redhead smiled wide. "You really hot quite a throw there, Haruhi!"

Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Haruhi was a bit bummed that her rock hadn't skipped like she wanted it to, but despite having won the competition of more skips, the red haired boy seemed more interested in how far her rock had gone. She smiled and laughed at the boy's excitement. She couldn't help it. His response was so positive it made her happy as well.

"Thank you," She said, pushing a lock of dark hair behind her ear. "I've played a lot of sports so I guess that all has really paid off." It was true. Haruhi loved sports. She loved playing football and loved Judo and once played softball, when she was much younger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top