Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dance Game

Go down

Dance Game Empty Dance Game

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Christine had dreamed of the Valentine's Dance ever since first year when she'd observed the sixth and seventh year girls preparations. It had been ever so wonderful to watch. Her interest hadn't waned for the next four years either. Stephanie, as far as she knew, was the only one who never attended. It was a mystery to Christine as to why her sister chose not to go and she was sure Stephie must have missed such a glorious event.

She took special care with her presentation. Checking to make sure the dress Aunt Simone helped her with choosing, applying her makeup carefully and grooming her hair until it shone before putting it up in what she believed was her most becoming style. She smiled at her reflection in the mirror before turning away to make her way down to the Great Hall where the dance was to be held.

The Cerisier witch was not disappointed as she took in the decorations and the other sixth and seventh years dressed up in their finest. Once more she check the pale pink floor length dress sat right on her slender frame before stepping into the hall. Where to go first? Perhaps speak to someone or find someone to dance with her? The latter did not sound proper to the witch who had very outdated ideas of who was to ask who to dance.

Her eyes fell upon one boy, a friend. Perhaps she could just talk to him and find a way of getting him to ask her. With her decision made, Christine walked up to him. "Malachi how are you this evening?" she asked.

Back to top Go down

Dance Game Empty Re: Dance Game

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Once Malachi had entered the hall, his nerves seemed to have eased. He had arrived with Rosalie, as planned, but after a few dances, the pair took a break from dancing and Malachi parted ways from his date to refresh, promising her to return for the few final songs. After fixing his hair and having a drink, Malachi was back on the dance floor. He watched with admiration as couples spun around in grace. What a charming event this was proving to be. But his night was about to get even more charming as he spotted Christine approaching him.

"Splendid, Fraulein. And how are you?" He responded with a slight bow. His eyes traced over Christine's soft pink dress and delicately styled hair. She looked absolutely stunning. "You look like royalty tonight, fraulein," Malachi said, truthfully. He always found Christine's presence to be absolutely pleasant. "Would you honor me with a dance?" As much as he wanted to dance with his girlfriend, he also wanted to share this night with those he considered friends.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 am

"I am in very good health thank you," she replied with a slight nod of her head. A smile brightened at both the complement and the question. "It would be my pleasure." This really was much easier than she had first anticipated. That boded well for the rest of the night. A night where she would be on the lookout for dances with as many young wizards as possible. Already a few possibilities had caught her eye.

Right now though her focus really should be on the wizard in front of her. Christine was well aware he currently had a girlfriend. She always made sure to keep track of who was seeing who. It saved her from making any embarrassing mistakes. Nothing would be worse than showing interest in a gentleman who was not free for the taking.

Once they were out on the dance floor she asked, "Have you had the pleasure of other dances so far tonight?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Malachi adored dancing, despite not being very gifted with it. His awkward tall frame made his movements clumsy, yet he tried his best to move in time to the beat and not to crush any of Christine's toes. His eyes remained on his as they moved. He knew that wasn't proper, but every time he looked up, he felt distrust of his own two feet and dropped them down again.

"So far only with my date for tonight," He answered, quickly looking up and giving Christine a friendly smile. He was enjoying this opportunity to dance with a few other people. It was such a nice occasion to share with lovers and friends alike. "I imagine you have had many dances tonight, looking as stunning as you are. And if not, this school is full of fools," Malachi replied, kindly. He had never seen Christine involved with anyone at school, but assumed that her tastes in partners was select and no doubt she was surveying her options. He respected that. Perhaps that was what he should've done before rushing into a relationship Rosalie. He should've at least wooed Rosalie more. Maybe that was what was missing in their relationship. It was all so confusing to him.

"I cannot believe we are already sixth years! Have you given thought to what occupation you would like to take on after graduation?" Malachi inquired, wanting to change the subject so he could get his mind off of Rosalie. He knew what he wanted to do, but feared it would be foolish of him. No doubt his parents would support him no matter what career he chose, but this career would be hard to make a wealthy living from.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:36 am

It hadn't escaped Christine's notice that Malachi was spending a lot of time looking at his feet.  She on the other hand continued to look up into his face as she knew this was the proper way of dancing.  True etiquette called for it just as it called for not being rude about the flaws in the abilities of your dance partner.  

Christine shook her head.  "No.  I am afraid I came a little late and have not yet had the pleasure of dancing with anyone but yourself."  There was a very gentlemanly seventh year boy whom had just caught Christine's eye.  Perhaps she would find a way to convince him to ask her to dance next.  Right now she really should focus on her current dance partner.  There was plenty of time to study other potential dance partners after this dance was completed.

She smiled at the change of topic.  "Oh yes. I have given my future much thought.  I have begun enquiries into potential positions at Veela Magazine. There are possibilities in areas which do not require one to be a journalist.  Such as those who design the layouts.  Have you any ideas of your future endeavours?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 am

"Lucky me," Malachi remarked, looking up from his feet for a split second before dropping them again. He really did wish he were better at dancing. However, he didn't have the opportunity to practice nor the opportunity to execute his skills, so he figured it wasn't an abomination of him. He'd want to be able to dance at his wedding, though, but he was sure he had plenty of time to ready himself for that occasion.

Malachi was familiar with Veela Magazine and smiled at the mention that Christine was interested in working for it. She wanted to design the magazine and put it together. "That'd take quite an eye to be done right, but from what I've seen in Art and Music Club, that shouldn't be a problem for you," Malachi replied. His own interests weren't too far from hers, actually. "I'd like to go into clothing design. My family usually makes their own clothing, these dress robes are even homemade! I didn't sew them together," Malachi confessed. "But I did design them. A lot of what I wear casually is homemade. With the exception of the school's uniform, of course," Malachi added, chuckling.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down