Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Bygone Era

Go down

Bygone Era Empty Bygone Era

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 am

To wear anything second hand was not at all to Christine's liking but so many modern fashions were also distasteful to the fifteen year old. Her fashion sense tended to lean toward those sorts of outfits reminiscent of a long bygone era. And buying something new along those lines was often difficult. Thus she decided to try a place she'd heard of in Whisper Alley. Wizard clothing tended to be on the old fashioned side anyway right? Just not the right sort for blending in with the people around her when she was at home.

She was strongly reminded of that when she entered the Second-hand Robes shop. "I should have gone to the one in Amethyst Alley," she muttered to herself as she walked around the store. There was nothing of interest here. Nothing at all. Well actually there was a lot but all she could do was stare at them and picture herself living in the bygone eras she'd often daydreamed about.

Back to top Go down

Bygone Era Empty Re: Bygone Era

Post by Harley Fenwick Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

It was all her roommate's fault. Her stupid roommate had gone and ruined her robes after trying to ride the pegasus and no amount of washing could repair the stains and tears after she had been kicked off. If that wasn't enough, she had come down with a nasty case of the flu after falling in the lake and not drying off in the cold weather. So, there Harley was, being a friend, and picking up her roommate's robes. She didn't bother going to the place in Amethyst Alley, she was kinda mad after all, and she had her friend's sizes, so Whisper Alley was just as good.

She browsed through the racks of robes looking for the appropriate sizes before turning around and almost knocking the girl behind her over. "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Harley recognized the girl, but she couldn't remember her name. It started with a 'C', she knew that much.
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:31 am

Daydreaming in the middle of a shop was not a safe thing to do. Christine should have known that. She'd usually controlled the times when she daydreamed. Especially after witnessing the troubles her older sister Stephie often ran into for daydreaming all the time. Christine stood back in time to avoid being stepped upon.

She shook her head at Harley. "It is perfectly fine. No damage has been done," she assured the other girl. "I was only looking at some of the finer robes in this shop and thinking that they look like they were worn only once. I have heard that some of the well established families have fancy balls and the like. It must be wonderfully splendid." That had not been a complete truth since the thought had only entered her head at that split moment she'd almost been stepped upon. In the years she had been attending Beauxbatons she'd learnt a thing or two about what you do and do not share in regard to your daydreams.

Christine glanced at the rack Harley appeared to be looking through. "Where you looking for anything in particular?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fenwick Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:05 am

"Oh, that's good," Harley replied. She remembered the other girl now. Her name was Christine and she was Ceriser's beater. "Yeah, some of the robes do look more worn out than others. I guess growth spurts do that to people. It would be charming to attend a fancy ball, wouldn't it?" Harley wasn't one for dancing or dressing up, but the thought of being invited to one someday was thrilling. "There's always the St. Valentine's Day Dance, though. A couple more years and we'll be able to go."

She glanced down at the crumpled piece of paper in her hands. "Oh, yeah. My roommate needs new robes. Her and pegasi don't cooperate very well. I think I'm in the wrong section, though." Harley smoothed out the paper before showing it to Christine. "Any chance you know where these are?"
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:03 am

"Oh yes it would. That is my dream." She smiled dreamily at how she would be dressed at such an event. "One year," she was quick to correct Harley. "Next year when we are Sixth years." Christine knew exactly how far away the Valentine's Ball was for her. She had only dreamed about it ever since she learnt of its existence back when she'd been a first year. "My sister did not attend when she was at Beauxbatons. I cannot understand why not." Very odd, was her sister.

Christine took the crumpled paper Harley handed to her and perused him. "Hmm. I think what you are looking for are around this corner." She pointed. "I am pretty sure I saw something like what you are looking for down there. Would you like me to show you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum