Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Fault in Our Stars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Fault in Our Stars

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

Sneaking out of his dorms was easier than he thought it would be. Granted he thought there would be laser sensors and flying ninjas. Okay, maybe not those things but things that were just as bad. Maybe even worse. But all he had to do was get by some professors and prefects without getting caught. Didn't anybody sleep? It was like midnight or something. He snuck past a professor and ran up the stairs to the observatory. Why have one if you couldn't go out at night and look at the pretty stars? He just hoped he wouldn't get caught, that would be terrible. He was only a first year and it was only the third week of school. If he got in trouble then he might go back to the orphanage.

He pointed the telescope at a group of stars just as he hears someone coming up the stairs. He gulped and panicked. He was so scared that he stood there frozen like a statue. He was so busted. So totally busted. He was in so much trouble.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fault in Our Stars

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:55 am

Aurora had found looking at the stars one of her favorite past times back in Kentucky, the sky was absolutely gorgeous at night and the stars twinkled so brightly out in the country where there wasn't any light pollution to dull them from human eyes. So tonight on this perfectly clear night she headed up to the southwest tower. She didn't find it difficult to get past the professors, but she still risked being caught even time she slipped by one. However, the beauty of the starlight, as dumb as it seemed, was worth it.

She walked up the stairs with caution and saw someone already standing there. A panic set through her, she didn't realize that they put professors in the towers. She was going to be in trouble now. However as she looked closer, it was none other than Riley, the boy who she had met in the pub. "Don't worry," She whispered to him. "It's only me." Smiling small, she walked over. "Lovely night...don't you think?" She said, watching the beautiful sky above her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

He let out a sigh when he flund out it was only Aurora. He was glad it hadn't been someone that could get him into trouble. He trusted her enough to know that she wouldn't go telling because she was also out after curfew. "Yeah," he said breathlessly as he gazed up at the stars. "The night would be nothing without the stars and the stars would be nothing without the night." He had said that to his roommate as they were having a conversation when they first arrived at Beauxbatons. It had been very personal and he liked to think that he knew his friend a bit better now.

He loved the stars and how beautiful they were. How beautiful the things they touched were. Then light they gave off held so much beauty that he couldn't put into words how much he admired the sight. "So beautiful," he mumbled out loud. He blushed slightly. "I mean the stars." He mentally kicked himself. He sounded so rude! "You're not bad looking yourself, I was just talking about the stars when I said that. Erm, um," he stopped before he could embarrass himself even more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:25 pm

"That's very poetic." She commented as he spoke about the stars. It was true. If the stars were gone, the night sky would be nothing but a sad black abyss, and if the night was gone and only allowed the stars, you wouldn't be able to see their beauty on the bright sunny day. She smiled over at the boy and looked back at the sky, admiring them. "So daredevil, did you sneak out of your dorm to do this? Or did you get permission?" She questioned, knowing which was probably the result.

She felt a blush spread across her cheeks as he started to call her good looking. She knew it wasn't intentional, but he was sweet the way he went about it. When he started to apologized, Aurora just shook her head. "No no no." She said quickly and smiled at him. "It's okay. I think you look nice too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 pm

He was glad she didn't find what he said weird. It was a bit weird to talk about the stars and the sky like that but it was true. Usually people didn't think like that, they took the stars for granted and the night sky. He would hate for the sun to always be out so he was so thankful for the night and it's stars. "Like any professor would allow a first year to be out at this hour," he said. "I guess I'm a daredevil then." That word did not fit his description at all. He was the opposite.

"Oh," he blushed. Compliments were something he'd never get used to. He'd always blush or look away or act like a total dork. "Thanks," he said softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:34 am

Aurora smiled at the boy and giggled a little. "I can see it now!" She said imagining the scene. "What are you two doing out of bed at this hour?! Don't you know that's against school rules!" She said trying to impersonate one of the older teachers. She giggled and looked over at Riley and smiled. "I'm glad I met you." She said and looked down slightly then back up and saw he was blushing. "Are you okay?" She asked a little confused by the act of blushing and the boy doing. She decided that as long as he wasn't like freaking out or like hyperventilating or anything, she hadn't messed up too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:26 am

Riley let out a small chuckle as the girl started to impersonate one of the professors. But there was also a serious note to what she was saying, they could get caught and that's what that professor could say when they caught them. He hadn't really thought about being caught, he was far too excited to see the stars. But now he had the thought in his mind and now he was a bit worried. He was sure they wouldn't get caught. As long as they were quiet and knew what they were doing when they left then they wouldn't get taught. It was all about timing. He had read enough comics to know that in order to sneak around, you had to always be on your toes and watch out for anything. He thought of himself as a good ninja, or he would be one if he actually practiced sneaking around.

"Oh," he blurted. He had dazed off thinking about ninjas and professors. "I'm fine, totally fine." He gave her a weak grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 am

"Good. Wouldn't want you getting sick on me, now would we." She laughed lightly and looked back up at the stars. "I like to think, that when I look up at the moon and the stars...that someone else is looking at the same ones...thinking about me." She said softly and looked down. She had obviously meant her mother. She really didn't know anything about the woman, besides that she'd left her behind at a young age. Still, she wondered.

"But...it's probably just a stupid fantasy.." She said and looked back up. "I mean...what are the odds, y'know. Who would be thinking about me? At this hour too." She shrugged and turned to look at Riley. "Um, I think that I'm going to head back down to the dormitories." She smiled once more at the boy and waved slightly. "I'll see you later then, yeah? Goodnight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!" She rhymed and headed down the stairs, being cautious of the lurking professors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top