Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Sparking the Ants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sparking the Ants

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:32 am

Fiona had settled on a no pranking policy after the disaster of the last one almost got her fired. Who'd have thought the boss wouldn't appreciate sparks coming out of the spark plugs he had on display? The only reason why she managed to keep her job was because he believed she was genuinely and mistakenly trying to get the spark plugs to do what she thought they were supposed to do. She was lucky the shop didn't burn down. Everyone was lucky that hadn't happened.

Ten minutes after the backfired mistake Fiona found she had the rest of the day off whilst the shop closed for a clean-up. She had no wish to return home just yet or the nosy witch from across the hall will ask questions. That was provided the landlady who had the entire ground floor to herself didn't interrogate Fiona first. It was like she had a schedule of every single tenant's activities and knew exactly where each one should be.

She wandered through the village and found herself in the cemetery and in front of the grave of Jude Beaumont. Fiona forgot her no-prank policy almost immediately as the nineteen year old quickly ducked behind his tombstone and waited for her first victim. "ANTS!" she yelled as she suddenly jumped up again completely ruining the prank all on her own.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sparking the Ants

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:52 am

Tamara was bored so she went into Cheval for the afternoon. Grace wanted to get studying done and they both knew that if Tamara stayed at the castle they’d end up studying something that was not spells. She had started off in the town, getting a coffee from the Brew Brothers and scoping out the Book Cellar for anything to read.

When she had no luck there, she wandered off to the park and walked around for a while and did some people watching sitting on the bench. Once bored with that she wandered off to the cemetery. Despite being a major scaredy cat, Tamara found the headstone designs to be interesting. And again, she was severely bored.

She walked in front of some Beaumont bloke’s grave. It was a very interesting cut of stone. Tamara was about to move on when someone jumped out from behind the grave. The unsuspecting seventeen year old jumped at least three feet in the air and screamed. She recognized the person right away. “Merlin’s beard, Fiona!” Tamara knew from Grace that Fiona was a prankster. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:53 am

Fiona danced around and stomped the ground whilst hitting her body. "Ants go away!" she shouted whilst trying to get rid of the sensation of them crawling up her legs. Why hadn't she noticed the ants nest before she'd done that? She froze mid thump as she realised she wasn't alone. Her victim had come and Fiona had completely missed it in her effort to make herself ant free.

She gave her thigh a feeble slap and shook her hair out of her face. "Oh Tamara," she cried out with false cheerfulness. "What are you doing here. Better watch your step. There are ants about." She paused whilst finger brushing her hair. "Did I really scare you?" Giving up the possibility of her hair looking tidy as a bad joke she lowered her fingers. "Well fancy that. I did it without even trying."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 am

Oh, there were actual ants. Tamara thought it had been some new pranking word. She watched as the older girl danced about trying to get rid of the ants. Hmm, she probably could’ve helped with a spell, but it was much more amusing this way.

“I was bored and after your little dance.” She gestured with her fingers towards Fiona. “I think I’m safest right here.” She flushed with embarrassment. Tamara Perle will forever be a scaredy cat. “Yes you did.” Though her embarrassment didn’t last long because Fiona looked like a mess and she couldn’t help the laugh that left her lips, “You look horrendous.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Fiona now ant free stood well away from the nest. "I would have thought it was cold enough by now for them to stay down there away from the coldness but I guess I was wrong. Well never mind. When the snows come I can try again. Don't come anywhere near the cemetery if you don't want a scare."

She laughed and shook her hair again. "Nothing like a vigorous dance to get me at my worst. Do you think Rene will still love me if he saw me looking like this?" She pulled her long hair over her face and laughed again before brushing back. "I'm usually on the untidy side. It takes so much effort to look my best and it never lasts." She slapped her thighs with her hands. "So what brings you out here? Grace off studying to make sure she gets perfect marks too?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 am

“Oh, you have cured me of any cemetery wandering for the rest of my life, thank you.” She said matter-of-factly. Tamara was going to stick the nice comforts of the castle from now on or just the village.

“I’m pretty sure that’s what love is, Fiona.” Tamara laughed and shook her head. “Still loving a person for all the quirks and flaws.” She laughed again and shook her head. Fiona was such an interesting girl. (She will admit she was her favorite of Grace’s sisters). “Yes, yes, Grace is being the better student. Plus, I’d hate to get in her way and just be a distraction to her studying.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:23 am

"Good to know that I can be of service," Fiona quipped and bowed. "Cementery's are dead boring anyway. All the people are dead." She shot a look at Jude Beaumont's gravestone. "Well most of them at least aren't doing anything. There's always one or two who stubbornly stick around. Have you ever got to meet Jude?"

She laughed again. "It's a good thing for me then. Mind you Rene has seen a number of my flaws. The state of my old dorm room to start with and the state of my flat for number two." She sighed and shook her head. "It's unfortunate others aren't so flexible with my method of organisation." She stuck up a thumb. "Good thinking. If she gets really good grades you'll probably end up with a nice house to live in."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Tamara followed the older girl’s gaze to the gravestone of Jude Beaumont. “No, I haven’t gotten the chance to meet him. Have you?” She asked curiously. Fiona probably has met the ghost and probably had an interesting story to tell if she had.

She joined in Fiona’s laughter. “You’re something else entirely Fiona Miller. I find it amusing how different the three Miller’s sisters are, very interesting too.” Tamara added with a small smile. Well, Grace and Fiona were a bit more similar. Her interactions with Mabel hadn’t been very fun though… Tamara laughed softly and shrugged. “My grades are just as good as Grace’s. She at least has an idea of what she wants to do once we graduate. I have no clue.” She sighed softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:53 am

"Not yet," Fiona said with total honesty for once. She could have come up with a tale with embellishments but she was still smarting from the ants which had bitten her legs. "Maybe I should return in the middle of the night. That's the time muggles claim ghosts come out. Of course we're taught muggles can't see ghosts but what if that's wrong? What if they really can see ghosts?" All those ghost stories muggles told had to come from somewhere didn't they?

Fiona took a bow. "Thank you. I do try. Being interesting is the only thing in my favour since I practically bombed out of school. The not so bright Miller sister right here but who cares. At least there were never any rumours about me being a vampire." The fact that she was the one who was the source of the Mabel rumours didn't bother her a bit. That was all in fun. Fiona waved Tamara's concerns aside. "Don't worry. Just apply for anything and everything and see what happens. That's what I did."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:53 am

“Middle of the night? Maybe… I’m not sure if I recommend that though. It could be dangerous.” Tamara said with a nod. Mainly because the idea frightened the daylights out of her. “I haven’t wondered about that before.” She shrugged. “Maybe we don’t give muggles all the credit they deserve, who knows.”

Tamara frowned slightly. “Don’t say that about yourself. You’re bright too, Fiona. It just so happens to be in a different way than your sisters.” She tried not to chuckle at the mention of the rumor about Mabel being a vampire. Honestly if that one was true, it wouldn’t be too surprising. “Anything and everything? I don’t know… maybe I will. I wish I had some clue either way.” She shrugged again. “Grace is rather insistent on making me a model.” Tamara added with slightly pink cheeks. “I just hate that we’ll be relying on my parents until either one of us have a real income.” She sighed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 am

Fiona waved Tamara's concern aside. "What could possibly go wrong? Most of them stay dead and the others are only ghosts. A ghost can't hurt. Yes. That's what I'll do. Come here one night and have a look around. A little mood lighting and it'd be the perfect date with Rene." She nodded. "I say we don't do that anywhere near enough. Muggles are fascinating people and very clever with their inventions."

She snorted at the suggestion. "A bit too different according to some." It felt rather odd to be admitting such things to someone who wasn't a person she was close to but then it wasn't the sort of thing she really admitted to those she was close to. "Yep. Anything and everything. You seem a smart girl. You'll be able to do anything you want to do. Just make sure Grace doesn't talk you into doing what you're uncomfortable with doing." She shook her head. "You can't try to rely on yourselves?" Fiona hated to rely on her parents. They'd only use it against her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:58 pm

“What could possibly go wrong? Fiona Miller, you’ll be in a cemetery late at night.” She was appalled at how easily Fiona was like whatever about hanging out in a cemetery. A date? Here? Grace wouldn’t enjoy that one at all. Though Tamara had never really met Rene before so who knows what he was into. Tamara simply nodded.

She was shocked with how open Fiona was being with her. Tamara barely had conversations with her during their time at school, and sure she was always polite towards Fiona whenever she saw her. “I applied at Nightingale’s Robes, actually. I’m not sure if robes is something I’m very into, but I do enjoy fashion so maybe I will like it.” She shrugged. “I’m just waiting to see if I got the position. Don’t worry, Grace and I are very good about that. We know not to push each other to do things we don’t want to.” Tamara sighed softly. “I have some savings and with the new job, plus my mother got Grace a photography job so we’d have that income. We really could handle it on our own. My parents are just…my parents are very different from yours aren’t they?” She asked with a tilt of her head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:42 am

"Yes. I know," Fiona replied with no understanding as to why Tamara would be so concerned. "That's what'll make it so unique. How many couples do you know who'd choose to have a date in a cemetery." Well Rene hadn't agreed to it...yet. Fiona was sure she could talk him round to it when the time was right.

Fiona shrugged. "I'm sure you could use the experience to get another job at a more fashion concious clothing store. I never go there to buy anything. Uniforms were the exception and that's all over now." Wizard fashions were so darn inconvenient that Fiona preferred those places which paid attention to muggle fashions. It made it much easier to blend in. She shrugged again. "Probably. Mine found me my place on which I pay my own rent and that's it. Suits me. They can't tell me off for getting a tattoo or anything. My place. My life. I'm free."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top