Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Not Blood Related

Go down

Not Blood Related Empty Not Blood Related

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Even though he had just been adopted, he took on the last name of his adopted family. Though he was proud of his last name, he wanted to fit into his new family. He was scared that he would get sent back he had before. So he'd do anything to stay in the family. His fingers found the ring on the chain around his neck. It had been his mother's and was the only thing he had left of her. He wished he had something that was his brother's. He always wondered what he was doing, what his life was like. He wished that they would have been together and not seperated.

But now he had a good family, a family that seemed to want him. Finally, he would be shopping with his sister. It felt weird to call her that, but that's what she was to him. He was the odd one out though, he wasn't blood related. He could just be tossed to the side. She didn't have to worry like he did. The young boy bit his lip and pulled his glasses up so they were on probably. "Do you want me as a brother?" He said suddenly. He wanted her to be honest with him.

Back to top Go down

Not Blood Related Empty Re: Not Blood Related

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Guen knew that her mother had always wanted to have more children. With losing her husband so unexpectantly and tragically, Tessa never had a chance to have more children and taking care of Guen on her own while she was younger was a handful. She had considered adopting before but wasn’t sure how her daughter would feel about it, so she set the idea on the back burner. When Jane Davies adopted another child, Tessa brought the idea up to Guen; who had always wanted a sibling and agreed right away to it.

Guen felt horrible having run off on her new brother to be with Trent for a little bit, but she promised Riley that she would do all the important shopping with him. It felt weird calling someone her brother. Well, she used to call Trent that now she was making out with him all the time. Okay, awkward to say. But, having someone as a brother and looking after him it was weird. The good weird! Guen was attached to him already and Tessa adored having someone else in the house. She was rambling on about the supplies list when Riley asked her a puzzling question. Stopping, Guen turned to look at him. “Of course I want you as a brother. What’s brought this question on?” She asked with a tilt of her head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:34 pm

He wasn't one to speak his mind much, but it was better to tell Guen how he felt than keep it to himself. He stuck his hands in his pockets and looked at the ground. Most of his life he was unwanted and the thought of being wanted was something new. "Not many people have wanted me," he admitted. A small frown formed on his face. He was feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about how he felt. He was also the silent child that didn't talk much but only to a few people.

He knew that he stuck out like a sore thumb, it was easy to see that he didn't look like his family. "Would I be your first pick?" He looked up at her with big eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:47 am

Guen was glad that her brother felt comfortable enough with her to tell her how he truly felt and what was bothering him. Her expression softened as he spoke. She immediately pulled him into a gently hug. “You don’t have to worry about that anymore.” She said softly. “You have two people in the world that want you around. Having you around has made Mum and I so happy.”

She pulled away from the hug slightly and ruffled up his hair. “You’ll always be my first, kid.” Then smoothed out his hair after she had messed it up, smiling softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30 pm

It was nice to hear all the good things coming out of the older girl's mouth. A small gasp escaped his lips as he was pulled into a hug. He wasn't quite sure how to react to the whole experience. She said he didn't have to worry anymore but worrying was Riley's job. He made people happy? That was the first time he had ever heard so,ething like that. Him, the shy boy that stood away from others, make someone happy? He could hardly believe it. "It'll take some time to get used to that," he admitted.

He squirmed a bit as she began to ruffle his hair, another experience he wasn't used to. A small squeal escaped the eleven year old's mouth. A blush formed on his face from the sudden sound. He stood quiet for a moment. "I wonder what my blood type is," he said suddenly. Ever since he got his letter he had been wondering all about his birth family. "If I'm a half-blood or a pureblood then there's a chance my little brother is a wizard too." He was only three when his brother was adopted but he still remembered him and what he looked like as a baby. Since Riley was now eleven, his brother would be about eight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Guenevere heard the gasp and got worried. She withdrew from the embrace, wanting to make sure she hadn’t crossed any boundaries. She and her mother were very much so the hugging type. “We won’t rush you.” She smiled softly. “We’ll ease you into the craziness that is the Ainsworth.” Guen teased softly, nudging his arm gently.

She giggled softly at his little squeal. Her little brother was adorable. “You’re a cutie pie, were you aware of that?” She laughed softly, wrapping a gentle arm around his shoulders. “I wonder if there’s a way to find out. Then you might know?” Guen offered hopefully. “How old is your little brother?” She asked curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:11 pm

He only felt comfortable once around someone and that was with his friend David. Too bad he did know where he was or anything like that. David had given Riley his first ever comic book and that's when histrue geeky side began. Ever since then, he read his comics and excelled in school. It was easy since he didn't have any friends or family to distract him. "There was a house I was in and the mother wanted me to call her 'mum' as soon as I got there," he admitted. "I didn't like it and I didn't like her." He had already accepted Ainsworth has his last name since he wanted to fit in and he hoped soon that he would actually feel like he belonged.

A bright blush formed on his cheeks, he was always good at blushing and making things awkward. "Um, no I wasn't," he squeaked out. He would never get used to compliments. He pushed his falling glasses up towards his face. He was assigned a caseworker when he was in the orphanage but now he didn't since he was adopted. Maybe he would know something about his brother. "Since I'm eleven, I think he's eight. I don't remember when he was born so I might be wrong."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Guen nodded slowly and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. “Mum is perfectly fine with you calling her Tessa. She expects it really and will never demand or ask that you call her ‘mum’.” She explained softly. Just because he didn’t call her mum didn’t mean that Tessa didn’t love him any different. Tessa was such a motherly figure and took everyone under her wing.

“Well, you are.” She giggled softly. He was blushing like a tomato still. So cute. Guen would just have to keep on giving the compliments then. She nodded as he spoke about his brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 am

He let out a sigh of relief. He expected her not to want him to call her 'mum' but it still felt great hearing that he didn't have to. He wasn't ready to call either of them his family. But he was still trying his hardest. Sort of. He wasn't rushing into this like some others might do, he wanted to keep things at a slow pace. He liked boundries, they made sure he didn't get hurt and neither did anyone else. He was silent for a few minutes before he spoke out loud. "I want a connectiom first. I want to feel like a belong and I want to connect." It would be such a long timentil he did feel that connection.

Compliments would be the reason to why he would turn permantly red. It would be all Guenevere's fault. It would be torture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down