Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Ratta Tat Tat

Go down

Ratta Tat Tat Empty Ratta Tat Tat

Post by Lucie Banken Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Lucie sat at a table tapping her fingers against its surface. If she'd had a book she could have been reading but everyone said no and so she was boredly watching everyone else walking past, eating and chatting. Meanwhile Lucie just sat and waited just as she was told and wishing she were anywhere but here. This place was foreign to the Dutch girl and she was resenting being made to go away to some boarding school in France.

Her fingers stilled when she realised she wasn't the only one watching. Someone else was watching her. Lucie quickly removed her hands from the table top and rested them in her lap. "I'm sorry," she said softly, "was I annoying you with my tapping?" She bit her lip and wondered if this was the occasion Nanna was talking about. The one in which she should introduce herself.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Ratta Tat Tat Empty Re: Ratta Tat Tat

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Bo had finished his shopping in what had been the most trying experience of his life he was sure and had returned to the pub. He had seen Melody a few times on the streets of Amethyst alley since they had parted that morning but now, as his luck would have it, that he was ready to go and only needed to find his sister before they left together that she was nowhere to be found. After walking aimlessly in search for her for fifteen minutes, the eleven-year old gave up. She was probably still off shopping, looking at herbs or something dumb like that and would take her own time. Eventually she'd look for him and she would find him in the pub.

He made his way through the crowd to a clear spot, not wanting to mingle with unfamiliar people. He wasn't the most personal of boys, just well mannered enough. He rested his feet sore from walking on the chair across from him and indulged in a favorite pastime of his; people watching.

People as an idea were absolutely brilliant but in actuality tended to be loud and annoying and backstabbers and awful to each other, which was why Bo often liked to watch instead of interact. He spotted an old couple enjoying a meal which he assumed had been a favorite of theirs for many years. He watched a young father try to silence his crying toddler. And he watched a young girl watch other people, tapping her fingers in a rhythm and seemingly lost in her own world.

He had thought she was distracted and often counted on people to not do what she did and turn to face him. He was taken aback by her words at first, knowing it was rude of him to stare in the first place. It took him a moment before he could comprehend the question she had posed to him.

"Oh, uhh, no. It's just fingernails, y'know? They're not very loud. At least, certainly not louder than the people in here," Bo commented. "though I must apologize for staring. I sort of zoned out and your face was in the way," He trailed off. That sounded awkward. He decided to quickly change the subject. "I'm looking for my, uhh, sister." He never liked calling her that. "She's got red hair. Seen anyone like that around?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 am

"Oh. Well I shouldn't have anyway." She tilted her head to the noise level in the pub and nodded. "Yes. I guess it isn't as a loud as a crying baby is it?" Though she wouldn't go tapping her fingers again in a hurry. Nanna would probably have something to say when she got back if she saw Lucie tapping her fingers.

She bit her lip thoughtfully and then slowly shook her head. "Not just one girl with red hair. A few." Lucie always noticed hair which wasn't a boring brown or black. "Maybe if you told me her age then I might be able to say whether or not I thought I saw her." Though she wasn't very good at judging age. It was always so tricky.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm

He was afraid he had embarrassed the girl for causing her to stop her finger tapping, for she hadn't picked it up once again afterwards. It was probably just a nervous habit of hers, he assumed, much like how he chewed on his lip. it was quite a nerve wracking situation, being among such a great number of strangers, so he didn't blame her.

"Twelve," Bo answered, though he doubted that would help much. If she had seen an abundance of carrot top girls today, he could only imagine out of them, they were all about eleven or twelve. "Guess that doesn't help much. I'll probably just end up waiting for her to return." He noted and then shifted a bit, wondering if the girl then expected her to sit down and keep her company or leave her alone. He decided it was best to just introduce himself and see where it would go from there. "My name is Bo, by the way. In case you ever need to know."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 am

"Oh," Lucie replied with sigh and shook her head. "I'm sorry. The only people I've seen with red hair look lots older except for this one baby who had red hair sticking up like this." She pulled her ponytail up to demonstrate before letting her hair drop again, the ends of her ponytail gently hitting between her shoulder blades. "Maybe it'll be safest," she agreed.

"I'm Lucie," she returned and I think I might need to know sometime." Her hands were back on the table again. "You are going to that French school too right? Beauxbatons? Will we have to speak French all the time? Do you think there'll be anyone else I can speak in Dutch with? Or..." She became a little self concious at all the questions which began to burst out of her. "Sorry. I'm just getting a little anxious about being made to go away to school."
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Beauregard caught a piece of his lip between his upper and lower teeth and tugged on it. How had Melody escaped both him and another stranger without a mere sighting? Unless, of course, the girl had seen Melody, but forgot, which was quite reasonable as well. "Alright, thank you anyway," He replied, nodding. He supposed he was stuck there for the time being.

He rested his hands on the table and leaned on them, deciding that it was a nice compromise between sitting and leaving, and smiled at the exchange of names. He supposed no exchange of names was useless, even if they were to never see each other again, which didn't seem to be the case.

"Ah yes, Beauxbatons! I'll be starting this upcoming semester," he acknowledged and after listening to the rest of what the girl named Lucie wanted to say, he discovered she wasn't from the area as well. "My sister, the one I am waiting for, goes to it already and says that French is the primary spoken language," He relayed, chewing on his lip again. "However, there seems to be many other students attending that aren't French. For one, my family heir's from Germany and I met an American before. I don't know if there will be other Dutch but I don't think it'll make you an outsider, if that's what you're worried about." And Merlin knew that's what worried Bo. He never quite fit it and the reason always seemed to have nothing to do with his heritage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:27 pm

French. German. American. Not an outsider. Lucie wasn't so sure about that last one. "Well um... I guess it's good I can speak French," she said trying to put a positive spin on the situation. Another positive spin would be to show off her improved French ability to her best friend during the holidays. Only she didn't want to show off. She wanted to continue going to school in Amsterdam.

"Do you want to go?" she asked. "I'm not sure I do. It'll be all wrong to not be able to go home and argue with my brothers and see my grandparents and trip over Owen's bike." All those negatives (the grandparents weren't the negative) and she was going to miss them.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm

"You're doing fine with it so far," Bo noted. He had the fortune to have grown up in France, the first words that had ever left his lips were French as he was brought up in a French household. The one which had given him his name Beauregard. He could hardly speak German, and oftentimes didn't know what Oliver and Marigold were saying when they discussed things with each other, but at least he wouldn't be done over as he attended this new school.

Beauregard laughed bitterly at her question. "I find that in life I don't usually have much of a choice of where I go," He replied, then shook his head. "Sorry. But in all honesty, I suspect having me attend this school is just a way for Oliver and Marigold to get rid of me." Lucie seemed to share opinions of the opposite spectrum, clearly emotionally attached to the goods and bads of being home and with her family. He honestly wasn't sure what to say in response. "You'll see them on Holidays," He offered, immediately thinking afterwards that it was not the best thing for him to have said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:51 am

Lucie smiled and nodded. "My mother taught me herself." If she hadn't been told she would be going to this French school she was sure she would have learnt more languages once she started secondary school. Her face fell a little as she realised how little contact she had with her mum these days.

"Who are Oliver and Marigold?" Lucie asked and wondered if perhaps he'd mentioned them but lost that stream of the conversation. "Wouldn't you have to go anyway? I thought if you have magic then you have to learn how to control it. That's what I was told anyway." And all of it second hand since the person who explained to Nanna had gone by the time Lucie got home.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum