Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Burnout

Go down

Burnout Empty Burnout

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 pm

In the years prior, Marceline had slacked off in class and somehow managed to pass them. However, being a fifth year meant that O.W.L.s were coming up. Marceline didn't really care about doing well on those standardized tests, even if they were supposed to help her get a job in the future, but she heard that if she got a high enough grade in certain subjects, she wouldn't have to take those classes her sixth and seventh year. This meant she needed to boost up her grade somehow. After pleading with a few of her professors, they agreed to let her do extra credit to improve her grade. Marceline was gracious but then again that meant she had to actually do work.

She sat in the library with her unstarted projects sitting in front of her and sighed. She had asked Ruby if she wanted to study with her, but she claimed she was busy. She probably knew that Marcy would only have her do part of her work. Even so, Marcy would rather have Ruby there for company, even if she would only tell Marcy that she had to do it herself.

The dark haired girl jumped as she suddenly noticed she wasn't alone. "What do you want?" she asked coldly of the older girl sitting at the other end of the table. She wanted to say that the seat was reserved for a friend, but she stopped herself and decided that if she was going to pick fights with everyone that tried to sit with her, she'd be there all day without having worked on her projects at all. "What are you doing?" she questioned, after having titled one of her projects. She had to map out a few constellations and then write the significance of the stars in each of them. Booooooring.

Back to top Go down

Burnout Empty Re: Burnout

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Odette had come into the library to do a little studying. Looking around, all the tables seemed to be pretty much taken so she didn't have much of a choice but having to pick one that a younger girl was sitting at. Odette figured that if she kept her distance and stayed quiet, that everything would be be fine. So, that's exactly what she did.

Pulling out her chair, she started to sit down, but was immediately questioned by the girl that was already at the table. Sighing she looked over. "Studying, something you should probably should do." She said and opened her book and started to skim the soft pages. She moved her black hair to her shoulder and ignored the other girls second question. She wasn't going to pick a fight with this girl. She just had a few short months until she would be a graduate. She had to make it, without any trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Marceline rolled her eyes as the girl ignored her first question and answered her second one with a demeaning tone. "You don't have anyone else you can go bother? I was here first," Marceline started. She knew better than to start fights in the library. The place was so quiet that it would be hard to cover up and the librarian seemed to be everyone all at once.

She scoffed as the older girl told her she should be studying. "You don't know me," Marceline replied, dotting her quill against the page impatiently. "Plus if you had a single brain cell in that head of yours, you'd have noticed that I am working," Marceline added, motioning towards her books and paper. Despite the fact that little was drawn out on the sheet, she figured it at least counted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Odette rolled her eyes at the girl. She didn't have time to start a petty little fight with her, but she wasn't about to be denounced by a prissy little punk who though she was all that. "I'll give you a little tip about studying, it helps to open a book." She whispered and looked back at her book and started to highlight something inside it. She hadn't wanted to start the stupid little fight with the girl, but she had said something. If this continued Odette knew she could count on the librarian to kick the girl out for her. She'd had spent a lot of her time here as a result of not really having a ton of friends and therefore had formed a good relationship with the teacher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Marceline rolled her eyes. The girl blatantly ignored her somewhat pushy requests for her to leave the table and then insisted that she wasn't studying. "That's cause I'm fucking writing. How dumb are you?" Marceline replied, bitterly. Not expecting her to answer that one either. She turned back to her paper and begrudgingly started drawing out lines on her paper.

"Stupid fucking constellations, stupid astronomy. What's it even good for anyway?" Marceline muttered to herself, eyeing the girl from the corner of her eye in case she decided to do anything. She was always watching as a habit of the way she had grown up, not being able to put trust in anyone, for fear they'd backstab you. She looked up as she concluded that now she would need a book to label the stars and reached for the one she needed, sitting in the middle of the table. As she dragged it towards her, it knocked over a stack of books sitting on the table, spilling them onto the ground. They looked like none of them were her own, so she shrugged it off and continued her work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Odette glanced up at the girl irritated as she knocked over the stack of books on the table. This was a library. She didn't have to be so loud, and even if she wasn't going to study, she could have at least been considerate of the people who were. Odette narrowed her eyes. "Look, I get you're not into school or anything, but I need peace and quiet in here and so do others. We're trying to study. So if you have nothing better to do than be a pest, then I suggest that you leave." She glared at the pixie haired girl in aggravation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Of course the girl had a bone to pick with her after she knocked over the books. She rolled her eyes as the girl bitched to her about being a pest and how she should leave. "Listen here, bitch," Marceline started. "I only knocked over books, it was an accident, and if that's too noisy for you, then I suggest you take your petty princess ears elsewhere because that's hardly me being noisy at all," Marceline replied nastily. She couldn't believe the older girl's nerves. She fiercely opened her book, denting the spine and bit, and then stood it up against another stack of books in order to look at it. "I told you before you could leave. I was here first, after all and I've got important things to do, so I suggest you stop being petty, learn to man-up a bit and block out the most horribly loud noise of books falling and mind your own fucking business," Marceline finished. She turned to her book and spotted a star, compared it to the one on the map she drew, and labeled it. "Oh, is my quill too noisy for you?" she asked then, determined for that to be the last blow to silence the older girl or else be gone with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 am

Odette glared at the young girl and gritted her teeth to keep from cursing at her. The young girl continued to be a pest and continued to test Odette's patience. "Hmph." She said and glared at the girl. "So are you just going to continued be a pest or do I need to have someone remove you?" She said under her breath so the girl couldn't really hear her, finally when she made the comment about the quill she gritted her teeth for the final time. Odette stood up and grimaced at the girl. Walking over she shoved the papers off the desk. "Yeah, it did." She glared and walked out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Marceline rose her hands in disgust as the older girl shoved her papers off of the table and onto the floor. "Wow, dumb and a bully. No wonder you showed up to this place alone. You probably don't have any friends," Marceline commented, considering for a moment to make the older girl pick up the papers for herself, but then noticed that she turned and started walking away. "Finally!" Marceline cheered, making sure to be loud enough to be heard by the retreating girl.

She ducked down and gathered the papers, not having too much trouble, but yet still somewhat annoyed. She placed them back onto the table and then returned to her work. "That's a fifteen minutes I am never going to have back," She muttered, getting back to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum