Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Candy Everywhere

Go down

Candy Everywhere Empty Candy Everywhere

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Jide loved food. Sweets were his favorite. It was hard to choose a favorite sweet sonce his perferences were alwahs changing. One day he could want chocolate and the next he would want something sour. When he first laid eyes on the shop, his eyes lit up. He didn't have to look back at his dad to know that he knew he wanted to go inside. Instead, he made his way to the shop, and ran through the door. It was like nothing he'd ever seen before. It was like he was in candy heaven! It was so beautiful.

He knew his father would get him whatever he wanted since he'd do anything to mae his son happy. Ever since the divorce. He was trying to buy Jude's acceptance. He wanted the boy to accept Janet as family, not just someone who was married to his father. He grabbed a basket and began to fill it with all types of sweets. He knew his father wouldn't and couldn't say no to him.

Back to top Go down

Candy Everywhere Empty Re: Candy Everywhere

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Christine was always careful about rationing her sweets. She did not want to risk cavities. Thus she knew to always be careful and brush her teeth after eating. Never eat sweets at a time when you would not have an opportunity to get close to your toothbrush. It was not a rule which she easily kept since special occasions required it be broken. They were the exceptions.

The candies which made it hardest to keep to her rule were the ones sold at the Candy Shack in Amethyst Alley. They were nothing like the ones she could find in the shops in muggle Paris. These were different and some extremely strange but still she kept to her rule. And today she wanted to get something special, not for herself, but for her sister. Stephanie needed something for her final year which Christine had heard was the most difficult year for any student at Beauxbatons.

She had entered the shop and begun her search for the perfect packet of sweets for her sister. It was a very difficult task since she did not ask Stephanie which was her favourite. And her sister had never made it clear in any way that Christine could recall what she especially loved. The fourteen year old reached for something which she thought Stephie may appreciate. A box of fudge. Or should she get her...

Christine lowered the fudge and stared at what had distracted her. A boy who did not look like he was paying any attention at all to what he was putting into his basket. "Excuse me," she said, "but are you aware that packet of sweets taste like spinach and carrots?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Jude was sure that he would like whatever he picked out no matter what it was. He didn't pay much attention to names or flavors but he stopped when he heard someone talking to him. Spinach and carrots? He looked down at the package of candy in his hands. There was no way he would like these, so he put them back where he found them. "Thank you for the warning," he grinned at the girl. Maybe it would be best if he actually checked what he was putting into his basket.

This was a chance to make friends, right? He couldn't just stop having a conversation after only saying a few words. If he stopped now, all she could do was say 'you're welcome'. He wanted to keep the conversation going so he moved closer to where the girl was. "Hello, I'm Jude," he said in his thick Irish accent. "I thought it would be nice to introduce myself."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:43 am

"You are very welcome," she replied with a gentle smile. "The sweets in here are like nothing to be found anywhere else and some of them are a little ... odd." That was the best way she could describe some of the sweets she'd had the misfortune to taste.

Christine nodded in approval. "Yes it is very polite. I am Christine, a fourth year Cerisier at Beauxbatons. Will this be your first year?" He did look the part and some other possibility occurred to her. "When did you first hear of Beauxbatons?" He did not know to be careful with the sweets so she half hoped she was correct to assume he was new to everything to do with magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Jude knew that there were some strange candy from the wizardong world. His father sometimes brought him some when he came back from business trips. He just hadn't been reading the names of the candies, he was just too excited to get what he wanted. "Father brings home weird candies sometime," he grinned. "From all over the world." He didn't like that his father was away for long perioda of time but he did like when he brought him back things.

He nodded as she spoke. "Yes, I'm going to be a first year." He was so excited too. It was going to be so great at Beauxbatons! "My father went to Beauxbatons a long time ago." His father was a wizard and his mother was a muggle. "Though he doesn't do much magic since we live around muggles. His wife," he could hardly say that word. "Is a muggle, so is my mother."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 am

"That must be very interesting," Christine remarked. "To be able to compare foreign candies with the familiar would be wonderful fun." She would not indulge too much for the fear of rotting her teeth but it would be enjoyable all the same. "Do you have some favourites which you remember receiving?"

She nodded politely. "Oh I wish I had a parent who had been to Beauxbatons. Instead all I have to follow is one of my older sisters. It would be a lovely family tradition to be following in the footsteps of one's parents do you not think so?" Despite her words, this was actually the first time she'd ever felt a twinge of jealousy over another student who'd had that privilege.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down