Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Payback is a Bitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Payback is a Bitch

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Charlotte smiled as she plopped in her normal seat beside Philip. She did like that he normally sat with her as opposed to the other Monntagnards, but today she was returning the Kayla favor. Charlie had made herself look good. She'd even straightened her hair and put on some more makeup than her usual lip gloss. She looked up at Philip and smiled. "Hey, Philip."

Then Charlie felt another guy sit beside her. That made her grin widely. Here goes nothing. "Hey, Ryan." She leaned over and kissed his cheek gently. "How are you feeling? How did you sleep?" Charlie asked sweetly and completely turned away from Philip to face Ryan. Charlie wished she could see Philip's face. How does it feel, Bracknell? Pretty sucky, yeah?

Back to top Go down

Re: Payback is a Bitch

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Philip glanced over at Charlie and grinned at her. He noticed the extra make up and her hair did look nice straightened (he much preferred the ponytail honestly). “Hey, Charlie. How’s it go-” He stopped mid sentence watching as someone sat beside Charlie.

He raised an eyebrow at the sight of Ryan Green sitting beside Charlie. What? Then he recognized Charlie’s happy grin. “Er, hey Ryan..” Philip listened to Charlie ask him all these question. He blinked watching her kiss the guy’s cheek. His mouth fell open. What the bloody hell was going on? Philip was definitely in shock. And he didn’t like this one bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Since their agreement, Ryan had spent a bit of time getting to know his fake girlfriend. He now didn't have to pretend to know a bunch of stuff about her. Though he didn't know too much. It was enough to be a believable boyfriend. It was now time to actually pretend. He walked up to the Cerisier table and sat beside Charlie. "Hey," he grinned. "I'm well, I slept fine."

He put his arm aroumd the girl amd rsm his thumb up and down her arm. "How's MY Charlie?" He quickly looked over at Philip to look for a reaction. "Got a problem?" He raised an eyebrow at the boy. He rolled his eyes and turned back to Charlie. "Well aren't you a soght for sore eyes. Though I do enjoy your makeup work, you don't need the makeup. You look beautiful with and without." He returned the kiss on the cheek before turning back to Philip. "I saw that Montagnard won last game. My brother did most of the work while the other chasers sucked."

Cold&Lonely || Isobel's Brother || Father of Wynter || Pureblood & Proud
credit to Peter Quill@tda
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

Philip bit his lip and stared intently at the table. It was much better to see than Charlie fawning over some other guy. He was certain the table was mahogany. It had a very nice finish. The table must’ve been very old, but didn’t show much wear and tear, which was probably thanks to magic.

When Philip glanced up he saw Ryan running his thumb run along Charlie’s arm. He was fighting off an eye twitch. “What? Uh, nope, no problem.” Huge problem. A big problem, actually. Like get off MY Charlie. But he refrained from saying that. Instead he opted for casually pulling Charlie closer to himself and away from Ryan. “Oh, uh yeah…” He wasn't sure what else to say. Awesome, let’s bring up quidditch which he currently is shit at. Fabulous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Ryan rolled his eyes at the other boy. He was pathetic. It was obvious that he was jealous of Ryan because he had Charlie. "I was trying to have a moment with my girlfriend if you don't mind," he glared. He gave Charlie puppy dog eyes and a little pout. "I think your friend doesn't like me." Of course he didn't.

"I wonder who will win this game," he said as he put his arm back around Charlie and pulled her a bit closer to him "It's working," he whispered into her ear. "Now lean into me, that will totally set him off." He just liked to see people pissed. And if got to act like a cute girl's boyfriend then he was getting a bonus. "You're so cute," he said softly but loudenough for the other boy to hear. He ran his fingers through her hair as he waited for a reaction to either or both of them.

Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 pm

"Well Philip's opinion is important to me, and if he doesn't like you than there must be something wrong." Charlie winked at Ryan and whispered. "Okay, I think we should get into a 'fight', and you should so just be obnoxious to me. That'll set him off even more." Charlie smiled.

Charlie yawned and stretched looking over at Philip who was clearly jealous. "I thought you'd be happier with me dating Ryan since Kayla is so special to you. That way you could spend almost all of your time with her and I could have someone to talk to. I thought it was a perfect solution to the problem." Charlie smiled at him. "You deserve to be happy, but I don't like doing nothing and hanging out around my dorm."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Yeah, there was definitely something wrong with him. Philip probably looked murderous. He hated watching Charlie with another guy and he was so potato that he couldn’t figure out why just yet. Philip’s lip almost curled watching Ryan’s arm go back around her. “Yeah, uh, should be an interesting game…” He said to the other boy's comment about the next quidditch match.

The two of them looked like they were plotting something with the whispering, but it was probably just planing an excuse to go run off somewhere together. He bit his lip. “I, uh, I am happy for you Charlie. You deserve to be happy too. I, uh…” Philip trailed off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 pm

"Wrong? What?" He pretended tl be upset. "There's nothing wrong with me, he doesn't know what he's talking about." He pulled his arm away from Charlie and rolled his eyes. "So, you're saying that his opinion is better than mine?"

He turned back towards the other boy. "Always changing sides, that one. Can never figure out what she wants." He tapped his foot against hers to show that he was still only pretendinv and that he didn't mean the things he said. "How can you stand it?" He rolled his eyes once more and moved about an inch away from the girl. "And to think, I'm your boyfriend and my opiniom doesn't matter."

Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Philip glanced over at the fight brewing between the new “happy” couple. He should definitely leave if they were going to be fighting. It was one thing to see his best friend happy with another bloke, but to see her upset or angry at one was another. He stood to leave but, stopped; raising his eyebrows at how Ryan was treating Charlie. Now that was not okay with him.

“Charlotte is allowed to make her own decisions and if she thinks someone else’s opinions are more important than yours, then I guess you’re shit out of luck.” He all but snarled at the other boy. "She's your girlfriend and you need to respect her." Maybe he overreacted, maybe not. But he couldn't take it anymore. Charlie deserved so much better. Someone who would respect her opinions and feelings. Philip turned to Charlie. “You’re really going to date someone who treats you this way?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Charlie couldn't help but blush when Philip began to stand up for her. She loved it, but then he went and said something that made her stop in her tracks. "Really? Because you want to date a girl who treats me like shit, so I just assumed it was a good thing." Charlotte pushed past the two boys. "And if you couldn't tell, we're over Ryan." She stormed out of the Grand Hall. When she calmed down she would have to thank Ryan. He did a great job posing as her boyfriend, but she was so mad right now. Charlie sat on a bench and shook her head. What a joke. Philip was so blind sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Philip blinked and looked down. Charlie was right. Kayla didn’t treat her fairly at all and recently (all along really) she had been taking advantage of him. He glanced up hearing her break up with Ryan. Philip was not going to lie that made him happy that she dumped the guy’s ass. He watched her storm out of the Grand Hall and bit his lip.

Philip brushed past Ryan to follow after her. He walked slowly to give her some space, hopefully to calm her down. Because angry/upset Charlie scared him. Philip was such an ass. He didn’t deserve her friendship. He found her sitting on a bench and sat beside her with a little bit of space between them. Philip wasn’t sure where to start, so he let the silence hang between them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Charlie was quiet. She was going to make Philip talk to her. Charlie was not going to be the one to say what was hanging in the air between them. She cared so much about him, but if Philip wasn't going to ever act like she was something more than friends to her then Charlie was done trying. He'd been clearly jealous and angry about Ryan which made her more hopeful then she had been in a long time. Still, it didn't take away from Kayla's intangibles. She was stunning, his mother's idol, and of course a pureblood. It didn't matter to Philip, Charlie assumed, but it could not really hurt either. Charlie stared at the ground. Come on, Philip, say something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Philip knew she was going to make him talk. He just needed to put the pieces together before saying anything. He was trying to put into words how much he hated seeing her with Ryan. It hurt. But that felt simple. It made him angry and caused an ache in a way. He hated watching her be close to someone else...to some other guy. He was jealous, completely and totally jealous. “I…” Philip started then bit his tongue. What the hell was he going to say. Why did he even like Kayla to begin with? She was pretty, someone his mother approved of, but how did he just ignore the way she was treating Charlie.

“I’m so sorry for the way things have been since that vacation.” It was a lousy start, but he needed to start somewhere. Was he supposed to say he was jealous? He figured it was obvious enough that he didn’t need to address it just yet. Philip ran a hand through his hair. “I was such an idiot and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary between us when Kayla came into the picture.” Where the heck was he going with this… “Maybe I thought if I was with someone my mother approved of things would get better, I dunno, it’s such a lousy explanation. But, then I was so blind to how you felt about Kayla and how she treated you. That wasn’t fair.” He sighed softly. “I’m not good at this and I’m an even worse friend.” He rubbed his temples. “I’m such an idiot, Charlie, why do you even put up with me?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 pm

"I..." Charlie kind of felt like she'd been knocked back to reality. Philip was just her friend. That's all he felt. She'd completely misread him. He wasn't jealous. He must just not have liked Ryan. She was such an idiot. "I put up with you..." She started and trailed off. "I put up with you because if I didn't I wouldn't have a person in my life who makes me feel happier than I thought possible."

"I never wanted you to hate Kayla, and I don't think you do, but it just kind of hurt feeling like any girl could hang out with you and you'd be happy. That I wasn't...special to you at all. I was just a girl that you hung out with to pass the time. And I guess that's why I got so mad at you because I wasn't unique to you or anything and you were-you are so important to me. I hadn't realized the gap between our views of each other, so I was bitter when you said there was a girl out there that mattered more than me. It was stupid and selfish to feel that way, but I couldn't help it. It was like your favorite celebrity spitting on you. It just sucked. I get it now though. We view each other totally differently, and I don't want to ruin our friendship by thinking I'm something more than just that girl you hang out with, so I'll cut it out from now on. From now on I'll stay out of the way of whoever you want to be around. Just, try to pick someone who isn't a bitch, okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Philip was still thinking. It bothered him so much more than just being jealous as friends. He watched Ryan be intimate and close to Charlie. That’s what bothered him the most. He needed to tell her that. Charlie needed to know that.

“You’re right I don’t hate Kayla.” That was probably a horrible start. “Charlotte… you are so special to me. You would, could never be some girl I hang out with to pass the time. You are unique don’t let anyone ever tell you differently, okay?” He dragged his eyes up from the floor. “Maybe there isn’t a gap between our views of each other, it just took one of us a while to catch up…” His mouth was definitely betraying him now. “I don’t want to ruin our friendship at all, Charlie.” He quickly took her hand. “Charlie…” He was still sorting out his thoughts and it was slowly clicking together. Half the time that he was with Kayla nothing felt right. He couldn’t put his finger on it then but now it was becoming more and more clear in his head. “I meant what I said over the summer.” Philip said softly. He wasn’t sure if she remembered what he was referring to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Philip was kind of digging a hole for himself. Charlie nodded. "Philip, if you still have feelings for Kayla then I want you to pursue them, okay? I don't want anything to come between us, but if you're trying to convince yourself that you don't have feelings for Kayla, then I don't want you to fight yourself. I really just want you to be happy and to tell me what that would be to make you happy. If that's Kayla then that is fine with me Well, not fine, but I can accept it. However, honestly I'll probably avoid you if that happens just because of my distaste for her. My point is that your happiness is my happiness."

Charlie bit her lip and looked at the ground counting tiles. She knew that one day a girl would take Philip away from her. It would probably be someone like Kayla or even Harley. She was probably the only girl Charlotte would endorse to Philip. At least Philip would be with someone who deserved him.

Then, an idea struck Charlotte. "Philip, I have a dare for you. I dare you to do something right now that you want to do more than anything. It can be anything from go back and eating breakfast to going to have a make out session with the Headmistress. The point is that you have to do it, and you can't tell me what it is. It just has to happen. And you're on the clock starting...now!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Philip realized he was doing a shitty job at explaining this. “I’m not fighting myself over my feelings…I’m just realizing some things that have been there all along and I’m only now seeing them because I was so blind to it all.” What would make him happy? Charlie makes him happy, happier than Kayla had in the last few months. “Charlie, if you ignore me that won’t make me happy at all.” He answered honestly. If Kayla ignored him, he’d care at first, but eventually he wouldn’t even notice.

Charlie made him happy. That kept repeating over and over in his head. She made him really happy. All of the times that they spent together. He knew her favorite foods, tv shows, movies, etc. And she knew everything about him too. Philip liked it when she wore her hair in a ponytail. It was always so perfect looking too. Charlotte Antonin always looked perfect to him and this realization had him grinning like an idiot.

He looked over at her when she addressed him. “Something I want to do more than anything.” He repeated quietly. She was on to something with making out, but he certainly wouldn’t do that with Kayla or the Headmistress. Philip bit his lip. He was going to do this. “Charlie?” He moved closer to her and took her hand gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:15 pm

"What?" Charlie looked up at Philip. Here it comes. Philip was going to tell her that he wanted nothing to do with her. Charlie mustered up encouraging smile. Hopefully he wouldn't be too blunt and would try to spare her feelings because if he flat out rejected her-Charlie wasn't sure she could take something like that. Charlie squeezed his hand as she waited for him to ultimately let her down. When he did Charlie would stand up and go talk to Ryan and thank him for the opportunity to try to show Philip what he was missing. Clearly, though Philip probably wasn't missing much. Philip deserved the best of everything and Charlie, Charlie just wasn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Philip noticed that she looked slightly worried before trying her best to smile. He squeezed her hand back and stroked it gently with his thumb. Now he needed to muster up the courage to ask her. Charlie was-is the best of everything and if anything she deserved better than himself. “I, uh, I was wondering if maybe we could, uh…” He took a deep breath. She’s not going to want some stammering idiot. But now the words were stuck in his throat. Oh, Merlin, he needed pull his potato-y arse together. He touched her cheek gently then leaned in, pressing his lips to hers for a quick second before pulling away. “Would you want to get dinner with me sometime?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm

For a second, Charlie just stared at Philip. He had just kissed her as well as asked her out on a date. He had to be messing with her. Didn't he? Charlie looked up at him. He looked nervous and was clearly waiting for some kind of response from her. "Yes. Yes I would love to go on a date with you, Philip Bracknell. I would love that so, so, so very much." Charlie threw her arms around him and nuzzled his shoulder. "I'm so excited. This is so exciting. I'll have to have my mom get me a cute dress and oh gosh. I can't believe this. Are you feeling okay? You don't have a headache or anything?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Oh, God. She was just staring at him. Did he read into everything wrong? It definitely wouldn’t have been the first time he did that. She wasn’t saying anything. Was the kiss too much? He didn’t think it was. It was nice, a really nice kiss. “I, uh, I s-“ But his apology was cut off by her response. He held her close to him and couldn’t contain his grin. Philip was grinning like an idiot. He chuckled softly as she began babbling. It was adorable. She was adorable. Philip pulled away to look at her, still grinning. “I feel fine, great actually.” He laced a strand of hair behind her ear. “This is the clearest my head has been in a while.” Philip answered with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum