Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

New Uniforms... Again

Go down

New Uniforms... Again Empty New Uniforms... Again

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Last year, Serah had gone through hell with her uniforms. She stained them, ripped them, caught them on fire (once by accident), and accidentally dipped her sleeves in a potion.

So Serah had no choice but to get new uniforms.

She stood as still as a statue with her arms straight out at her sides. Mr. Nightingale was snipping and sewing her new uniforms so they fit her body exactly.

When she was allowed to relax, she looked to her side, where another student was waiting to get fitted.

"Are you excited to grace the hallways in these super fly uniforms?" She asked, with a huge grin on her face.

Back to top Go down

New Uniforms... Again Empty Re: New Uniforms... Again

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Lucille had never been the girliest girl, and she was most certainly never good at taking care of clothing. All her clothes at the orphanage were hand-me-downs, and the money to buy her supplies were all from her parent's savings. She had finally been given access to them once the orphanage had made a plea to the Child Protective Services that she needed it. Not being allowed access meant she had to use the orphanage's financial resources, and nobody wanted that.

Needless to say, Lucille would need several pairs of clothing for the upcoming year. She also knew that the uniform was going to be a pain to buy and wear. Amethyst Alley was also where one of the only shops to sell robes was located. Monsieur Nighingale's Robes was the preferred alternative to the Secondhand Robe shop down Whisper Alley. As soon as she entered the store, the smell of pressed fabric (it smelled like heat burns from the iron and starch) and air freshener hit her like a slap.

Not knowing where to wait, she stood next to a girl being fitted for her uniforms. When she realized the girl was talking to her, she responded sarcastically, "You know what they say. If you got it, flaunt it. Except I don't really like skirts, or blouses, and hats are a pain."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Serah nodded. "Yeah, skirts are pretty bad. But you can wear shorts under the cloak, if you don't mind leaving it on. And most of the professors are fairly lenient on dress code."

"The hats aren't so bad. You don't have to wear them all the time. But when you're outside or in class, they are mandatory. They aren't as itchy and hot as they look, I promise."

Serah didn't really care that the girl was sarcastic to her. Serah could make friends with anyone.

"They d-do eventually feel like a part of you, though," Serah said, thinking fondly of her first year. "I'm Serah, by the way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Lucille scoffed. "Pretty bad? We look like something out of an American 1930s movie. Trust me when I say that it wasn't their best fashion year. I supposed France is different, though. I'm from Spain, so its shorts and long sleeve shirts every day. Professors usually end up disagreeing with me too. I don't exactly respond to authority well."

"Hats just don't agree with my hair," she said, running her thin fingers through her hair. "I swear, rules kill me, but don't even get me started on Catholic orphanage rules. Those are the real kickers." She was being nicer than normal, maybe because she was tired, maybe because she was being soft. She just hoped the girl didn't get the wrong idea that she was trying to be friendly.

"Let me guess. The students at Beauxbatons become your second family," she replied. "The names Lucille. My friends call me Lou. At least they would if I had any friends."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 6:34 am

"Lou," Serah stated. "Nice to meet you."

"Nah. The kids at Beauxbatons are definitely not my family. It's like any other school, except you live together. If you have really close friends, they become family-esque," Serah answered.

"I've never seen any Muggle movies. After seeing real magic being used, special effects just look stupid."

"Actually, the teachers are really laid back. They really try to understand us, which is helpful."

"I understand the thin hair problem. My hair is so thin that I can only wear it straight and boring."

"Do you live in an orphanage or volunteer at one?" Serah asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 6:49 pm

"Likewise, Serah," she responded. She wasn't particularly interested in the girl anymore. Serah was becoming a little boring, but she still had to wait in line to be fitted for her uniform. Lazily, she began twirling her hair around the index finger, waiting for the girl to finish talking.

"Oh, I thought you were going to give me the usual talk about how fabulous the school is, and how I'll never want to leave, and how my friends become my family. That's what happens in orphanages and new families. So yeah, I'm from an orphanage. One of Madrid, Spain's most populated Catholic orphanages to be exact. My parents died in a car crash when I was eight. You know, tragedy, the anguish, and everything in between."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:05 am

Serah shook her head. "I will never claim to understand death or say that I can relate. It's different for everyone, I've discovered."

"I could give you the 'these will be the best years of your life' thing, but I don't know for sure. The school is great, in my opinion." Serah said shrugging. "Some people like it, some people hate it. You make the choice after you have the experience. Just don't give up after a couple of weeks. It does get better, whether you hate it there or not. And it's just a school. You just happen to live there, too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down