Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Waiting Outside the Lines

Go down

Waiting Outside the Lines

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Now that Caleb was an adult, he had more freedom to do the things he wanted. He was also allowed to do magic outside of school, but he didn't see the need to do it yet. He had moved in with his best friend and it was time to take a break before looking for a job. He had heard great reviews of the Cumberbatch Bakery so he just had to try their fresh baked cookies. He wasn't sure what kind of cookie he wanted, maybe he'd try all of them. It would be better if he had someone to come with him so he didn't eat too much.

He wasn't expecting to see anyone he knew when he walked into bakery. But he saw a familar face among the crowd of people. Sawyer. A small smile grew on the eighteen-year-old's face, he now had someone to eat cookies with. He slowly made his way over the older boy and tapped his shoulder. "I wanted to try all the cookies they have to offer, want to try them with me?"

Back to top Go down

Re: Waiting Outside the Lines

Post by Guest on Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 am

Being an adult wasn't as hard as everyone always made it out to be when they were younger. Sawyer had already survived a year of it, and with style if he did say so himself. Him and Payton had pulled their funds together for a nice little flat in Paris. At first it was really weird living in such a big city after they bad spent so much of their lives in the country with no houses nearby for miles. But eventually they got used to it and things were going swimmingly, him and his twin brother were growing close again living together and working in about the same area.

Sometimes the two would head off to work together if they were scheduled for the same shift at their shops. During one of those times the twins had found a nice little bakery not far from their flat, this was the time they thought they were going to use muggle transportation to get to work. Now both Johnson's made a habit of grabbing snacks there, currently the eldest one was looking for a morning snack before he had to go down to Pandora's Box.

Sawyer was standing in line to get one of his favorite giant cookies he'd only found sold here, when he heard a familiar voice in the crowd that he hadn't heard for quite sometime. Without thinking of how he'd left things with said person he whorled around with a bright smile to find his friend. "All of the cookies? They have a lot you know? Consider them all on me." He said cheerfully before turning around to order two of every cookie (except for his least favorite cherry cordial). Once he fished out the proper amount of muggle money, this time without spilling a single wizard coin, he took the tray to a table in the corner hoping Caleb was following. "Graduated now are ya, not as scary as we always thought eh?" Sawyer asked making small talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

"That's why I asked if you wanted to share with me," Caleb grinned. "There's too many for me to handle on my own and plus I need someone here so there's proof I ate all the cookies." It would also be nice to catch up with the older boy, but Caleb left that part out. "You sure? 'Cause I was going to pay." It looked like Sawyer wasn't going to let Caleb pay so he just shrugged. "Well, thanks." He grinned. "That's sweet of you."

This was the first time he had seen Sawyer after he kissed Fane. He knew that Sawyer didn't think about him like that, but Caleb still felt a weird about it. He couldn't bring it up with the older boy because things were starting to become semi-normal between them. "So, how have things been since we last seen each other? Anything interesting happen while I was away?" Or would it be Sawyer that was away? He shrugged before following Sawyer to a table and sitting down.

"Yeah, I graduated," he confirmed. "I guess not, I'm still getting used to it though, you know?" He still didn't know the norms of being an adult, things were still a bit confusing for him. "Things weren't as scary as I thought. I was worried about things, like where I was going to live and what job I wanted. But I found an awesome place with Quinn." He also had his goals to further his career. "First I will be working at the Sugar Shack, then one day I will own my own candy shop. I'm still working on a name though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 am

The bakery wasn't nearly as crowded as it usually was this time of day which was nice when you wanted to hold a conversation with someone. When he entered the bakery that morning Sawyer didn't know just how nice that emptiness was. Caleb came bounding up to him and suddenly the small crowd in the bakery was perfect. After purchasing the cookies the blonde wanted he found a nice table for the two of them. "Anything interesting? Nah I just became an adult, got a job, moved out of my country house and right into Paris of all cities, and just changed pretty much everything about my life. But no not really anything intetesting, what about you?" Sawyer answered with a chuckle.

"Wow look at you with huge life plans and all, this time last year I was lucky to move out." He responded with a tone of complete awe. He grabbed one of the cookies from the plater and broke it in half before stickng one half in his mouth. After chewing it over a moment he gave Caleb a thumbs up as if it confirm that this flavor was a good one. He also took that chance to stare at how Caleb had somehow got even more attractive since school last year. He always had plenty of self confidence but if he kept surrounding himself with people as attractive as Adela and Caleb he might loss some of that.

"Alright one flavor down a few hundred to go." Sawyer said with a chuckle after he finished the cookie he had started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 am

Caleb liked the size of the bakery, the crowd wasn't too big and wasn't too small. It was nice that they could have a conversation without the crowd being too loud. They wouldn't have to talk loudly or struggle to hear each other. "Sounds interesting to me," he grinned. "Um," he started. Had anything interesting happened at his final year at Beauxbatons? "Well, Montagnard won all three quidditch games. The Valentine's Dance was pretty fun last year." Not that he didn't have fun the first time though, he just had a better time his seventh year. "I kissed Fane," he shrugged like it wasn't important. "It meant nothing though." He felt the need to explain himself even though Sawyer probably didn't care about the people he kissed.

"Candy is my calling." He took the cookie that was offered to him and bit into it. It was pretty good, but not the best cookie he had ever had. "Pretty good," he agreed. A small giggle escaped his lips when the older boy was finished with his piece of cookie. "You got a little something," he started. He closed the gap between their lips. What better way to get something off of someone's lips by using your lips?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 11:25 am

Sawyer listened to Caleb talk about the interesting things that happened to him since they had last met. All normal things that you'd think to hear about when asking such a question, the quidditch game results for the last year, and how the dance went. Though he had to admit he felt a bit guilty when he mentioned that the dance last year was nice as if remembering that the one the year before was not nice. Then the blonde brought up something completely unexpected, he suddenly announced that he had kissed Fane. His initial reaction was jealousy but he knew that was ridiculous and tried to ignore that feeling. "Nice sounds like an interesting year, though we all know Montagnard would have won all the games with much more style if there was a Johnson on the team." He answered lightheartedly specifically not mentioning the last comment.

Sawyer smiled fondly at Caleb's comment about candy being his calling, he surely hadn't forgotten that yet. Together they tasted the first cookie and agreed it was a good one. He had been about to split a second one when Caleb spoke up saying that he had a little something. He looked up to see where he was pointing to so he could brush the crumbs off, but he wasn't pointing the a spot but instead quickly closing the space between them. Without much thought, but enough to make a decision, Sawyer moved to close the space quicker until their lips met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 11:46 am

This was going better than Caleb thought it would. He had acted before thinking and it paid off. Finally, acting without thinking had a good outcome. Fireworks exploded in his mind, this was better than he thought it would be. He slowly pulled away and grinned. "Got it," he said softly. He sat back in his seat once again and grabbed the first cookie he could get his hands on.

He split it in half and held out out the cookie. But before he let Sawyer take it, he had a question that needed an answer. "Will you go on a date with me? I heard there's this great movie theater." He was feeling more confidence after that kiss, like he could do anything now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 3:52 pm

It was only to be expected that by now Sawyer had thought more than once on what his first kiss would be like, it was impossible for it not to have crossed his mind by the age of nineteen. Whatever it was he had thought it would be like it was probably no where close to what just happened. For one he never thought he'd be kissing another male, even though the idea wasn't one he disliked he just never pictured it that way. Not the mention he was had always pictured himself being way more suave about it than he just was.

With all of that aside he couldn't say any of his previous images of his first kiss were any better than what he had just experienced. It was much shorter than he had expected, though he felt weird admitting that disappointment even in his head, but he was still somehow left breathless. If it was obvious enough for his kissing that he had never had his first kiss the fact that he already appeared breathless was a dead give away.

While it took Caleb no time to jump back into his seat and grab another cookie like it never happened Sawyer was much slower. He slowly sank back into his seat and sat there in a momentary daze while the blonde split another cookie in half. Sawyer snapped out his daze when Caleb spoke up again. In an attempt to brush off how lame he was since the other boy was obviously not nearly as taken with that little show just now he instantly fell back into his usual attitude, or at least he tried to. "What? How cliche a movie theater for a date?" He scoffed at the offer at first. "There is a nice ranch out where I used to live that has the best horseback riding that I hear is way better for dates, and not cliche." Sawyer said off handily as if going on a date was totally normal for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 4:08 pm

He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy the kiss. Even though he had had his first kiss, that kiss felt like his first ever. It was special and amazing, it was like a firework show went off in his head. His heart was pounding like it normally did when he was around Sawyer. Lately it hadn't been so bad, but now it was back to pounding like it wanted to explode out of his chest. His face grew warm, but he had to play it cool.

"Cliche?" Caleb repeated. "I guess so, then again I've never been on a date before." He had never been horseback riding before and he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of the older boy. "I can't say I've ever been close enough to a horse to ride one. My mother always worried about my safety." She was such a worry wart. "She thinks that I easily get into accidents." It wasn't his fault that his hair caught on fire when he was blowing out his candles on his birthday cake. It wasn't his fault that dog had a very bad hair cut for several weeks. "How about this, first date you come over to my house and I make dinner." He had learned a few things from his mother by helping her cook. "Then by our second date, I'll be ready to go horseback riding." He hoped they would get to the horseback riding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down