Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Ever After

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever After

Post by Quentin D'Angelo on Mon May 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Dear Reader,

I know it is a stereotype to say, but this time it's true; Seven years have come and gone quickly and I don't even know where to begin to discuss them. I started this school with a positive attitude. Though I do not consider doing homework and taking tests to be a fun pastime, I somehow managed to balance the work and play in a way that allowed me to pass (thank Merlin!). I can safely say that grades are the least of my worries.

I had hoped that attending school with my cousin and my sister would only bring us closer. However, I graduate within a week knowing that my family has never been any more torn apart. I got the chance I had always dreamed of to see Mum again, and though she is once again in my life, Dad is not. It seems that wanting both at once is an impossible wish. I can't have both. It's either one or the other.

Odette, my once best friend, now estranged sister, is a stranger in my sweet sister's body whom I do not understand. I will spare you the details, dear reader, but I am frustrated with the way that I can not protect her. I've watched her get hurt by the means which I had warned her by and welcomed her into my embrace when she had come crying to me. Yet not a year passed and she was back making the same mistakes again. Just as I cannot fix my parents' broken marriage, I can't seem to protect Odette from everything. Perhaps this is a lesson that means I need to learn to let things go. Or perhaps it is the ultimate evidence that as a brother, a son, I am a failure.

"Blood is thicker than water" feels like a lie to me now. Whereas my family is a nightmare, I know I can always count on my friends. My best mate, Caleb, has always been there for me, since the moment I stole candy from him during my selfish youth (though I suppose I still am just a boy). I love Caleb very much. He helped me overcome my fear of pursuing the crush I've had for years, whom I can gladly call my girlfriend. He cheered me on for Quidditch. He always has a smile to give (and candy too). I trust him with my life, but worry about him. He was so hurt this year from a rejection from a boy last year. I couldn't bear seeing him like that. I never want to see Caleb cry like that again. Not if I can help it.

Paige is another thing. She used to just be a friend whom I liked a lot. Now she's one of my best friends as well as my girlfriend. She is always ready to hang out and always willing to offer a shoulder to cry on (which, I admit, I have experienced). She has sunshine hair and a smile to match and just makes me so happy. Her tiny softs hands that hold mine so tight and the way she looks up at me, it really makes my heart pound. Do you know anything about love, Reader? I know you won't really respond but I wonder. Might I be in love with my girlfriend? I know it started off as a crush and infatuation, but I don't think I can see myself being with anyone else.

I've got the best people for friends in the whole world, I assure you, though it doesn't fill that gap that my family left within my chest. What makes matters worse is my complete failure as Quidditch captain. I lead my team to loss after loss and I'm sure they're glad to get rid of me. I do enjoy Quidditch so, but I don't think I can play it professionally as an occupation. I am nothing like my cousin, Christian, after all. I do not know where I will be next year or what I will be doing. But I do know that the people who matter the most will be right next to me. It's going to be scary, but I know we will get through it together, and you will too.

I never got my 'happily ever after.' I hope you do.

Sincerely,
The Boy with the Blue Hair

Quentin Felicity D'Angelo||Brother||Cousin||Uncle
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum