Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Detention: Cleaning Up

3 posters

Go down

Detention: Cleaning Up Empty Detention: Cleaning Up

Post by Professor Lemiux Fri May 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Professor Lemiux wasn't the meanest teacher around, she was actually very sweet.She didn't like to see students in trouble, but maybe they'd learn a lesson or two. It was always good to learn from your mistakes so you didn't make those mistakes again. That's why she volunteered to run the next detention session. She believed that Professor Cox was a bit too mean when it came to discipline, so she took the opportunity before he could. It was like he liked to see children in trouble, he was a weird man. Since she didn't believe in hard punishment, she would have them do something simple. They would polish all of the crystal balls in the Divination classroom. It couldn't be too hard if they all worked together.

"Hello, hello," she said in a cheery voice as the students began to pile in. "I see that everyone has shown up." She looked around the classroom, looking at each student's face. "Today you're going to be cleaning all of my crystal balls.": She pointed to a cabinet with shelves full of crystal balls. "You must be very careful and very gentle. If not, you'll be in even more trouble." She'd hate to see one of the balls get broken. "Grab some cloths, get to work. I should see no wands, we're doing this the muggle way." A pile of cloths was piled on her desk. "I expect you to help one another out, your detention would go by so much quicker."
Professor Lemiux
Professor Lemiux
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Detention: Cleaning Up Empty Re: Detention: Cleaning Up

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:46 pm

When Serah saw all of the crystal balls, she became jumpy.

It's not that Serah minded the work (she enjoyed working very much). But Serah was getting into that stage where everybody starts looking awkward. Legs and arms and feet were growing longer on all of the first years .Serah was no exception: she had grown about two inches. But she had the curse of being clumsy.

So flailing limbs and Serah would probably be seen in one of the crystal balls if Serah were looking into one.

She was hoping to get detention over with quickly with minimal damage, meaning: she just wanted to mind her own business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 4:25 am

Christine was surprised by how easy the punishment was. She'd been afraid it'd be something horrible like redoing the Herbology lesson she'd refused to do in class. Well she knew she was going to have to redo it on top of this. The herbology professor usually ended up winning despite her ever so polite protestations about how bad dirt was for her skin.

Cleaning crystal balls though sounded like very light work and a preferable type of cleaning to that her eldest sister often got her to do at home. Marie believed in rosters and equally sharing the load whenever her two younger sisters were home for the holidays. Not very holidayish at all.

She picked up one of the cloths and a crystal ball gracefully. The muggle way was the only true way she knew of cleaning. Christine didn't think she'd learnt any spells so far which would have helped even if she had permission to use her wand. She began to rub the ball very gently but only managed to move the smudges on it around. Christine looked from the glass ball to the cloth and back again. "I do believe this cloth is bewitched," she remarked. "For why else would this smudge refuse to leave?" The blonde second year gave the ball a closer look and blinked. "Do any of you think perhaps I could be seeing something other than smudges in here?" she asked her fellow detentionees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Sat May 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Cleaning was something Ryan didn't enjoy. When they were told they would be cleaning off crystal balls, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. At least Harley was there so he had someone to talk to. He tapped the table as the professor went on and one. Couldn't she stop talking and let them start already? He grabbed a rag once she said they could start then went over to the shelves of crystal balls. They all looked the same, he didn't know why they had to clean them. Wasn't that someone else's job? He picked one out of the bunch and went back to his seat.

He began to wipe the future seeing ball with the cloth. "Wanna know what I see?" He turned towards the girl he had met before. "I see you shutting up so we can get out of here faster." He turned back to the ball and continued to wipe. "And you," he turned to the blonde that wasn't Harley or the girl he had met. "Grab a ball and a rag and get to work." The quicker they worked, the quicker they got out of there.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Serah started shaking. "Why don't you shut the fuck up and mind your own business? I have no problem with hurling this crystal ball at your head," she snapped.

Serah was surprised at herself. The boy hadn't said anything cruel enough to deserve the way she treated him. But yet, those words came out. And she wasn't about to apologize.

She thought she was going to be able to keep to herself, but according to the crystal ball she had in her hand, that wasn't going to be part of the detention.

She sighed and started shining. Hopefully the crystal balls were wrong about her actions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Milan despised cleaning, but she was actually interested in crystal balls. All right, maybe it made her a wacko, but she was somewhat looking forward to Divination. She wondered idly what she was seeing in the crystal ball, while Serah and two other students seemed to be arguing. Well, the guy insulting everyone and Serah insulting him back, at least.
It was surprising to hear Serah vent her anger, but she decided it was a good thing in this case.

"I didn't realize you were the king," she said smirking to the dark-haired boy. "This must be such lowly torture for you, do you need help figuring out how to do this?" Milan was about to wonder aloud why everyone was arguing over a simple task when she stopped, realizing it would be hypocritical considering she frequently made big scenes over minor concerns. "Come on guys, just scrub aggressively and move on. She's not going to examine every little speck of every little crystal ball and nobody cares, it's more important what's inside than outside..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 pm

He rolled his eyes at the two girls. Who did they think they were anyways? He was just trying to get out of there as quickly as possible. "You know what," he turned towards the girl who had just spoken up. "Who told you that you were allowed to put your opinion into a conversation that had nothing to do with you?" This is why he hated most of the people at Beauxbatons, they were all so rude and didn't keep their mouth shut when you said something. He really only had one friend and he was perfectly okay with that, she was way better than the other people. Well, besides his brother.

"I'm just trying to get this done quicker, but if you want to argue I can argue." No one messed with him and got away with it. "How about you shut up and mind your own damn business?" He wasn't about to get started on the other girl. He had had enough of them already and hoped to never see them again. "First years," he muttered to his friend. Even though he was a second year, he thought the first years were annoying.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fenwick Sat May 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Harley was a muggle before she was a witch, and that always had its benefits. Especially in detention. Cleaning crystal balls was just like wiping down the flower vases, which she had to do every Tuesday when she was little. Of course, she more often than not ended up breaking a couple due to her overall size, she was 5' 10" and still growing, but over time she managed to find more coordination.

She watched, trying desperately not to laugh, at the argument ensuing between Ryan and the first years. She knew what his scowl and furrowed eyebrows meant. He was telling himself that he was better than them, and she knew this because she had seen that face more than a couple times. "I strongly suggest that you back down from this," she informed the girls. Turning away from them and moving to the smaller crystal balls next to Ryan, she nudged his shoulder slightly saying, "You can't blame them. Not everyone can be as fabulous as us." She giggled softly at his comment and replied, "They never learn, do they?"
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:29 am

Serah was tempted to high five Milan, but she decided that it was too juvenile.

She stared the boy down.

"You inserted your opinion, asshole," Serah pointed out.

"And you can shut up, too, Harley." Fabulous my ass, Serah thought.

"I can get into any situation I want to. You're still twelve like everyone else. And if either of you laugh at me one more goddamn time, I'll turn my wand on both of you," Serah threatened.

She was tempted to just leave, but the last thing Serah wanted to be was weak. She could hold her own. "Loll lits,"* she said under her breath.

*'dumb bitch' in Estonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 am

"Yup, first years, that makes us just as dumb as you guys were last year," said Milan dryly, only half paying attention to cleaning the crystal ball. "So I suppose you backtracked on your intelligence?" She waited for them to get what she was implying.

"Nah, your vocal chords are better spent bossing everyone around," Milan retorted sarcastically to the boy. She turned to his friend, the second year girl. "Hey, everyone here is fabulous. That's why we're in detention and not stuck doing homework." It irked her when people acted superior to her-even if it was true. "Are you detention regulars? If so, I think we 're going to get to know each other." She shared a knowing glance with Serah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fenwick Sun May 11, 2014 11:14 am

Now Harley was getting pissed off. She had been a street-rat for a while, and being an abandoned kid left you with more lessons on real-life than anything else. Mainly, though, it taught her how to fight and, more importantly, steal. She was queen of the streets, and every runaway and homeless kid that was kicked to the gutter knew that. "Pardon your fallacy, but I have the intelligence level of a near high-school graduate. I will be smarter than you ever were. And let me guess, you have more real life experience than me, right? Wrong. I grew up on the streets, alone. I knew when to back down from a fight that I couldn't win, and trust me, girlie, you should back the fuck off."

She angrily blew a strand of hair out of her face and took her anger out on scrubbing the crystal surface until the brown-haired girl made another remark. "I don't know if you didn't pick it up, but the fabulous remark was kinda, really sarcastic, so shove off it. Hun, you've been to one detention so far. Don't go around telling people you're a detention regular; it makes you seem snobbier than you already are." With a victorious smirk, she turned back to Ryan and calmed herself down slowly. "She's right, though. Don't waste your voice on them, their not worth it. I'll bake cookies once we get out of here and we can work on our song."
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Serah didn't say anything. The comments were directed toward Milan, not her. And as usual, Milan had an evil smile on her face, as usual, meaning she either had a trick up her sleeve, or that she was having a delightful time.

As for the living on the street thing, Serah had no room to talk. She was a pureblood, which usually meant that you had an high social family. Her maternal family crafted wands, and became very rich. And her paternal side (minus her father) all played professional Quidditch. Her dad was a famous artist in the muggle world and the wizarding world.

Serah had never wanted anything, yet she had it all. She wasn't vain about it, and honestly, she didn't care. Money didn't buy happiness.

"It may be Milan's first detention, but she's come very close to getting other ones," Serah said, not snobbishly or in a rude way at all. She picked up a different rag and another ball and went back to shining. "You'd think that she'd have the students clean them after they were done with them, 'cause these are disgusting. Seriously, someone must-t have spit on this," she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 pm

"When did I say I had more real life experience than you? I barely know you at all. And yeah, I hope you're smarter than I ever was, you're one year older than me and I'm no genius," she scoffed. Anger boiled up inside Milan. Why did she always get stuck with the spoiled little rich girl label? She wasn't even rich anyway, her family was just known in their town for their bakery. And of course, she had to be the middle of two overachieving sisters, which meant her image as one was enhanced even more. It seemed stupidly desperate of her, but she envied this girl. She'd survived the streets, the tough real life. That was all Milan had ever wanted. The only thing she'd really suffered throughout life was her parents ignoring her, which hurt, but wasn't anywhere as bad as alone on the streets. Besides, Milan figured if her parents talked to her constantly, it would just be a bunch of screaming.

"Well, I was talking to your friend who can't take criticism, so I'm sorry I included you in it," Milan said semi-sarcastically, semi-apologetically. Now that she thought about it, her behavior had been pretty rash. Like that's the first time that's happened, she thought to herself.

Milan composed herself and continued scrubbing calmly. She gave an appreciative grin to Serah as she finished her last batch of crystal balls. "Whatever. I was asking a question and telling the truth, for god's sake." She badly wanted to retort to the accusation that she couldn't take sarcasm and had just opened her mouth wanting to say "And I was making a joke back, sheesh, it's not like I sa-" but she managed to stop herself. "I wasn't calling myself a detention regular, but thanks for the encouragement anyway." She finished polishing her last crystal ball and looked around at the others impatiently. "How many do you guys have left? I really don't enjoy detention." Unlike what some people think, she added in her head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 7:10 pm

"I got two," Serah replied. "But I can do more, if need-be."

Serah wiped her head with the back of her wrist. She looked into the crystal ball, but didn't see anything.

"I think this one might be cracked. I can't see anything inside of it like I could with the other ones," She finished shining it, but didn't put it back in the cabinet with the others. She would give it to the professor at the end of detention, she decided.

She looked around the room. She couldn't tell if the other students were finished or not. Harley and Ryan appeared to be finished or close to it and the cabinet was full of clean crystal balls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 am

There appeared to be an awful lot of rude shouting going on in the room and thus Christine decided it was much more prudent to take Ryan's advice. She kept quiet whilst her fellow second years argued with the two first years. It really was all so silly and childish the way all four of them were carrying on.

She silently shook her head whilst she worked on her crystal balls. What did a year difference in age really matter? The way one conducted oneself was what mattered more and she was proud of how much more mature she was behaving than any one else in the room.

Finally the last one was finished and Christine glanced up at the others in the room to see who else was finished. "I believe that not talking was very good advice," she remarked. "It is pity that some are unable to take their own advice. Then perhaps such nasty remarks would not have been exchanged." Oh yes. She was feeling extremely smug at how she conducted herself. Now if only her Herbology professor could understand why she was unable to participate in certain aspects of the class she could avoid further detentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down